Body image first trimester

xQuinnx

Reaction score
I think I'm about 11 weeks something now, could be slightly more and this is my second baby. I thought I would 'show' a bit sooner, I know every pregnancy different etc but I'm actually struggling this time with the physical changes....even the boob change!!

My boobs have become huge even in a short time! I'm definitely 'thicker' body wise then before and have a definite belly especially toward the evening. I had to go out and buy some new clothes today and new underwear because my bras are starting to dig in! I thought I would treat myself to something nice but when I put it on and looked in the mirror I can't beleive the change in my body already it doesn't look like my body and I feel a bit freaked out :-/
Anyone else or is it just me?

I started this pregnancy 10 lbs up from before my first. So I was already feeling heavy. Then the bloat set in and I'm as big at 11 weeks as I was at 20 weeks last time. It's disheartening. I'm trying not to gain as much this time because it was very hard on my body the last time around.

The pregnant body goes through so much change in such a little span of time that it's shocking when it gets going.

I'm only 8 weeks and I feel bigger than I've ever been. Really uncomfortable and self-conscious. I go to work wearing big baggy clothes.
I can't stop eating, and I've always been so controlled before :( it's really getting me down.

I'm going to work in big clothes too malia...with my first once I got into maternity clothes I felt better but this time it all feels so big so fast!
I want to try and control my weight too nikko88 I don't want to put more strain on my body :-/

Meee!! I have put on a 3-4 ish pounds and 11 weeks too, but I feel blobby already!

And I havn't worked out in weeks, so my muscle tone has really gone 'pfftttt'.

It took me a couple of years at least to get to my pre pregnancy bod, so it feels difficult with all the changes going on. It's as if I don't have much control over it!

I'm only 9 weeks but the bloat is real especially by the evening.
And even in the morning my lower abdomen is already so swollen that buttoning jeans is already so uncomfortable that i usually end up wearing leggings and dresses and tights.

I feel too early to be almost showing, i'm definitely already in the weird state of "did she have too much carbs? A couple lazy weeks? Pregnant?"

Can't wait when 12 weeks are done and i start actually showing and not just that awkward bloat/bump !

I'm giving up and going to maternity pants already. Mornings are usually okay but by the afternoon I'm sooo bloated.

Controlling eating is so hard. Between the nausea that is only quelled by dry carbs or cheese and the ramped up hunger, it's hard. I'm trying to make good choices and decrease the amount I eat at a meal when I eat more. This morning it was a can of alphagehtis. So good.

I always hated that 4-5 months where I didn't show but my tummy instantly got huge about two seconds after I got pregnant. I actually was relieved to legit show because otherwise I just looked like I had gotten fat in the middle.

I've had so many babies and I got the fat huge bloated tummy right away BUT I got smaller with each pregnancy so that might encourage those of you are on your second ones. I was big with my first but never need maternity clothes with the other 4 pregnancies.

But yes that stage where you don't show except a bloated stomach is the stage I HATE! And the tight jeans are miserable too but leggings don't hold it in so those are out too lol

Oh yes if I eat so much as a bite of food out goes my tummy.

I can't wait to be a bit further along to just embrace this bloated foreign body.

Just keep saying and trying to see how beautiful you and your body are as it works to create such a precious little being.

I'm 8 wks with second baby, I started bloating from conception onward by the time I got a positive pregnancy test I could no longer fit into any of my clothes. I look like I'm about 4 or 5 months pregnant especially after meals.

I do not recognize myself. From head to toe i'm covered in what feels like padding.
Fitting into nothing makes me feel pretty frumpy most of the time - as i'm writing this I'm about 25 lbs heavier than I was when I was pregnant with my now 4yr old (i gained 15 pounds due to illness last year) and currently wearing big yellow overalls which at the very least are making me laugh.

Sometimes I feel like I'm in hiding bc we haven't told anyone yet and due to the fact I've been quite thin my entire life - one look and they'll know I'm pregnant or they'll figure I gave up life.

But at the end of the day if I really think about it, my body is doing important work, all our bodies are. So if it needs to puff up like a pillsbury roll to do so, so be it!! Anyone who judges or criticizes a pregnant persons body is a waste of oxygen. In my humble opinion we need to be nicer to our bloated selves.

All the best, wishing you all happy, healthy pregnancies and happy, healthy babies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->