Body Issues After Labour..

oooh, another thing about the stingy pee - position when peeing. sounds odd, but i tried it once and it worked great (after epi, and i popped a couple of stitches too by trying to do housework less than a week after birth duhhhh)

Ah yes positioning...along with all the OP's advice, i found this worked:
.Sit on toilet normally - then lean all the way forward til your hands are touching the floor and your boobs are on your knee, then pee. pee should aim right away from your stitches and hopefully not sting.

as for poo....yep, softener!!!

Ooh I'll give that a go! :) it makes sence really, hopefully it'll work.

Also, is it normal to have lots of pressure in your bum? Like back bum and coccyx? It feels like somethings there, I am abit consipated so it could be that or something? It just aches and feels bruised and stuff :/

:flow:xx

Also, is it normal to have lots of pressure in your bum? Like back bum and coccyx? It feels like somethings there, I am abit consipated so it could be that or something? It just aches and feels bruised and stuff :/

I had this exact same feeling until about 4 weeks pp. I was wondering about the feeling of it all dropping out also so thank you for asking! And maybe peeing in the bath isn't the nicest sounding thing but it does help! Plus for the first week I didn't have the control to stop myself even if I'd wanted to!

As another poster stated I don't actually wee myself but as soon as I sit down it comes gushing out and I can't stop it. I'm doing the pelvic floor exercises but I don't feel like it's doing anything at all. Anyone else not feel anything when doing them?

I have my 6 week appointment on friday so I'm looking forward to hearing if everything healed ok. I've had a look but I'm too scared to examine it properly!!

It's amazing what our bodies have to go through after birth, I always assumed labour would be the hard but bit it was a breeze compared to all this!!

I'm glad someone else feels the same, I was getting worried! It's an odd feeling lol.

I'm doing what I believe to be pelvic floor exercises but I'm not getting any better from doing them so I don't know if I'm doing them right lol.

I hope your 6 week appointment goes okay :) I'm sure everything will be fine.

I agree completely! You get told lots about labour and you don't think about all this stuff that happens afterwards, I definately didn't expect most of it!

:flow: xx

Honestly, I had the exact same problem for so so long.. I only started being able to sit down even around 5 weeks pp, and I was scared of the feeling like something was "falling out" too! I still get that heavy pressure sometimes but I have a multitude of problems atm unrelated so it could well be that I'm getting issues from that. Upon being checked several times though, I was told I'd healed up quite well and my stitches had dissolved by about four weeks probably.

I'm now 6 weeks pp and still experience some problems but the worst of it has been over and done with! The itching was terrible but is most likely healing from the stitches as I had that too - no signs of thrush so it was probably where its quite dry down there.

I found salt baths helpful twice a day, as well as spraying with a peri bottle after every time I went to the toilet! Taking arnica pillules helped slightly but I kept forgetting to take them but paracetamol was a life saver.. as was taking stool softener to keep you going regularly :)

Honestly though only thing that really helps is time I guess! I'm sure it'll pass before you know it, it feels like forever though I know!

Oh! I had this too but I have hemmorhoids (still now at 6 weeks pp!) so I figured alot of the pressure was that.. it was tons worse though, felt like I had constant gas and a need to go all the time. Turns out I have problems with not having emptied properly after all :dohh: so have to take suppositries and more stool softener to clear my body a little. I think your pressure is normal though as lots of people have it :) it clears up eventually.

The part after birth is so much harder than the labour!

Thankyou for all that! It's really helped :)

Yeah I agree, times the best healer really :) and after being pregnant for 41 weeks, I think I can cope with a few more painful weeks lol.

:flow: xx

Is it normal to get a blackish sticky blood clot type thing? It's like jelly and about the size of a ping pong ball.

Is it stitches coming out? Or something to worry about?

Sorry for TMI :/ :flow: xx

Is it normal to get a blackish sticky blood clot type thing? It's like jelly and about the size of a ping pong ball.

Is it stitches coming out? Or something to worry about?

Sorry for TMI :/ :flow: xx

I had one the size of my OH's fist on day 2 :S i seriously freaked and nearly fainted, was still in hospital though and midwife ways nothing to worry about and that it was probably because i'd been sitting down and feeding for a while and that the blood just collects in your vagina or uterus and clots, then when you stand up it just "falls out" :happydance: yummy!!!! She said i'll probably get a few but if still happening a week or two after having baby then to just see GP :) After the massive one they got smaller and smaller and disappeared.

Oh thats reassuring then :) thankyou!
No wonder you were freaked out with one that big :/ I'd be panicking too.

Sorry for all the questions, I got told lots about pregnancy and labour but nothing about everything that happens to your body afterwards :flow: xx

Oh thats reassuring then :) thankyou!
No wonder you were freaked out with one that big :/ I'd be panicking too.

Sorry for all the questions, I got told lots about pregnancy and labour but nothing about everything that happens to your body afterwards :flow: xx

Yeah I had noticed that! Nothing about 'lochia' as they seem to call that bleeding, nothing about how long it'll last, how heavy is normal, cramping afterwards, weird feelings in pelvis/bum/vag etc......it's not very clever of them!

Agreed.. I was in no way mentally prepared for any of it! was paranoid constantly as I wasn't sure what was the norm :( however, discovered clots are normal as long as theyre not like huge (palm sized) and so can fresh bleeding be depending on how much youre doing!

Yeah exactly, all this new unknown stuff that everyone fails to mention! :p

And oh thats good then :) the bleeding thing also makes sence now I think about it.

Thankyou:flow: xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"