body issues any1 else?

lulasmummy

mummy to two princesses
Reaction score
my little lady is just over 2 weeks old. I thought when i was pregnant finding something to wear was a problem but since having her i feel like crap in everything. I have just pulled everything out and feel like crying. My belly hangs over still and I feel awful. The day after i had summer, My SIL said wow your still big arent you? I was like well i only had her yesterday?!! I went in the other room and cried. Must have been my hormones cus if she wudda said it now Id tell her where to go.
Anyways I know ive lost some cus i can get in my jeans now but they are still a bit snug. Im going to a bbq today and one of my friends doesnt help cus she turned up yesterday in some tiny shorts and was like yeh I lost my weight really fast. Well good for you but this is my second baby. But i just feel shit next to everyone else who all have nice summer clothes and i look like a sack of spuds.
I just wanna hide away i might not even go. Im wearing a white vest and some legging/trouser things which are so comfortable but i wanna look nice :cry:
Anyone else feeling like this?
On the other hand my baby is beauuuuuuuuuuuutiful :happydance: lol

I know exactly how you feel, I'm no longer pregnant I'm just fat....and I'm further along than you LO is 6 wks, my body didn't take this long to spring back after my other 2 but that was 9 & 10 years ago. I get depressed every morning when I'm getting dressed!!

I'm sure you'll look good for the BBQ and people will be too busy fussing your gorgeous baby to notice any insecurities you have about your body because they are just that "your issues/thoughts" no one else will be thinking what you are!

Have a lovely afternoon with your friends!!

XXX

didnt want to read and run but omg im totally the same im still huge after 6 weeks and its my first i have defo missed out on the spring back into your size 10 gene .... im gutted was a 10 before baba now a bloody 16 and i cry every day .... it doesnt help its hot and every skinny mini i know is running around in shorts and im hiding in my baggy cloths ... im dieting and it just doesnt seem to be going back .

no words of advise just wanted to say your not the only one so big hugs and hopefully the saying 9months on 9months off will work for us xx

Same here!! My SIL just had a baby too is she's lost ALL her weight. I feel like a sack of spuds next to her too. I could have cried this morning after weighing myself - I've put in weight!!! :(

Let's hope we all lose the additional weight soon.

xx

Im 6months on & still cant fit in my pre-pregnancy jeans :nope:

I am right there with you!
I stayed really active and put on a minimal amount of weight when pregnant and I still don't fit into my jeans :dohh:

And when I had my 6 week check up my doctor told me to hold off on the exercise until 6 months, I almost laughed at her!
Tristan is 9 week old and I went for my first post baby run today, I have been itching to get out there since he was three weeks old and I feel sooo much better for doing so!

Go for as many walks as possible & just eat as well as you can! Sounds so easy but we all know how difficult it can be!

:hugs:

xXx

I weighed myself this morning ...it's taken me 6 weeks to pluck up the courage.....going to join Weight Watchers on Wednesday and start walking the boys to and from school (I live at the top of a big hill...school is at the bottom)!! Pre-pregnancy I was size 8 and exercised everyday but I just don't have the time (or the energy) at the mo!!

Give it 6-12 months girls and we'll all be telling others that getting back to pre-pregnancy shape/weight is sooo achievable.........I hope...lol!!

XX

My daughter's 3 and it took me a year to get back in shape.
I was desperate, and, since I've been a single Mum from the beginning, I had absolutely NO TIME for myself. I didn't have time to exercise and take care of myself.
Trust me, you'll get back in shape again. Chasing your baby around the house burns some serious calories, girl! It just takes time. ;)
Before getting pregnant, I had 120 lbs. During the pregnancy I gained 50 lbs and now I have 130 lbs. And I'm more than happy.
Bottom line - don't stress yourself out, it's normal to feel like that. And I'm sure you'll lose weight soon! :)

I am in the same situation as you. I had spd throughout pregnancy and my physical activity became nearly zero at the end. I was HUGE. Then I ended up with a c section so I was restricted in my movements for 6 weeks. I had gained 30 kilos in total and I have just lost 12 till today. I am very depressed about that. My face is still so puffy and I look so ugly. How naive of me was it that I thought I would be ''normal'' after delivery. Apart from all other issues in life, this body image issue is the worst to deal with.

Wow this is my thread! lol. My baby is 8 weeks old and I have not lost ANY weight since the inital loss after birth. I was a US size 5 and 135lbs and looked great! I didint know how great I looked pre preg untill now when I look back at pics and feel like shit! Plus my bump was tiny my whole pregnancy and everyone was like dont worry your so small you will lose the weight fast and I was convinced I would and NOTHING yet. Everything is so jiggly and lose. I have had ZERO time to work out. I deff am hiding in the house all summer. I feel you girls! My pre preg jeans wont even go over my thighs. Its sad when ur not prego anymore but still wearing ur prego jeans! The only thing that makes me feel better is I come out with only a few small strechies on my stomach and my tatoos were uneffected. Wow I just realized this was a total rant! Sorry but it made me feel better.

well done i say i wish after 2 weeks i could almost fit in my jeans :)

I was 9stone 2lbs - 9stone 4lbs prior to pregnancy and a size 8

I weighed myself last week and i was 11stone 2lbs

My little one is 5 weeks today and i am 4lbs under 11stone so 6lb lost yippee

But totally agree no matter what i put on i feel like crap and doesnt help that my insensitive oh keeps commenting on my weight and every time i bring up "affection" or even a cuddle i get told eww no way.

Well done for the weight loss.

Lose the weight for yourself and not for your OH - would be slapping my OH with my fat pants if he ever said that to me!

Whereabouts in Wales are you from?

x

My problem isn't so much the weight but rather the fact that I feel insanely scruffy all the time. I wash my hair and have a shower and feel scruffy, I put nice clothes on I feel scruffy, I do my makeup and feel scruffy!
Dont let people put you down, if they are judging you two weeks after you have had a baby, they are the ones with a problem not you.
Congratulations on your little cutie x

my little lady is just over 2 weeks old. I thought when i was pregnant finding something to wear was a problem but since having her i feel like crap in everything. I have just pulled everything out and feel like crying. My belly hangs over still and I feel awful. The day after i had summer, My SIL said wow your still big arent you? I was like well i only had her yesterday?!! I went in the other room and cried. Must have been my hormones cus if she wudda said it now Id tell her where to go.
Anyways I know ive lost some cus i can get in my jeans now but they are still a bit snug. Im going to a bbq today and one of my friends doesnt help cus she turned up yesterday in some tiny shorts and was like yeh I lost my weight really fast. Well good for you but this is my second baby. But i just feel shit next to everyone else who all have nice summer clothes and i look like a sack of spuds.
I just wanna hide away i might not even go. Im wearing a white vest and some legging/trouser things which are so comfortable but i wanna look nice :cry:
Anyone else feeling like this?
On the other hand my baby is beauuuuuuuuuuuutiful :happydance: lol

i felt eactly like this afterwards.im a petite size 8 and only gained on the belly so after the birth my saggy tum was really obvious and i was sooo concious about it thankfully 14 weeks has now past and im almost bk to normal but when i had to go out i wore my comfy leggings under a floaty maxi dress as that hid everything but i still felf comfy :) i put a jacket ocver too as it was strapless and didnt want to feel exposed. You will feel better soon. Dont listen to what anyone says. I know a girl who from day 2 after giving birth had hair extensions in was bright orange eyelashes on mini shorts a few weeks later but i just think if you have time to do all that your obv not spending much with your baby.

People should understand you had a baby 2 weeks ago! you cant even think about excercise until 6 weeks prior incase you damage your body so just ignore them and be happy with your family :D xxx

My biggest problem is right before I got pregnant (the year before) I went from 128 to 160 on birth control and then from quitting it I made it up to 174 (I'm 5'1) and while pregnant went to 199 (25lbs, I was so happy considering I was so HUGE) and now I'm down to 164 and JUST fit into pre preg jeans but only have a couple pairs of those since I was so skinny before. It's so depressing! My belly is so misshapen and fluffy. When I started birth control I was a size 3/5 and when I quit it I was up to an 11. I stayed an 11 all through my pregnacy except for the last couple weeks since my belly dropped. I still feel so uncomfortable in all my clothes and need to get back to where I was. I just hope I can do it.

My stomach has lost all elasticity and my boobs are so big people think they are engorged. From breastfeeding , I. Ff. I have gone up to a j cup from a g cup pre pregnancy. My ankles are still swollen too.

I'm right here with you hun :hugs: My lil lady is 11 days old and my pre-pregnancy jeans are still snug and I feel all the loose skin on the bottom of my belly is now my nemesis :haha: It will take time but we will get there, just remember to be kind to yourself right now mama :flower: look at that beautiful baby and know all the hard work your body has done for your baby!

give yourself time 2 weeks is so soon hun

tell them to screw if they make stupid remarks

i was 115pds pre preg 5'6

i gained 50 pds during being pregnant so i was 165 i weigh 135 now so lost 30pds baby is 8 weeks and still losing i walk alot

every week gets better go for nice walks summer will be nice weather

I feel the same hun. :hugs:

I gained around 2 stone whilst pregnant with my little one, but have yet to weigh myself again. :nope: I just know I'm going to be disappointed with whatever the scales show me. :cry: I feel so flabby and unsexy. I want to wear nice clothes too but am worried they will show off all my unsightly bits! :blush:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"