body pillows that actually work for pelvic gurdle pain?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Third Trimester' started by Willma, Nov 14, 2011.

1. Willma

Willma Well-Known Member

Hi ladies,

I'm really struggling with pelvic girdle disfunction pain. Nights are awful, I've not slept properly now for 4 weeks. Can anyone recommend a body pillow that actually reduces pelvic pain at night?

I tried the dreamgenni but didn't get on with it at all. I was gonna try the mothercare body pillow.

I would really appreciate you're advice :cry:

2. charlie1510

charlie1510 Well-Known Member

I've tried all sorts of pillows and the only thing that made any difference was having a normal pillow between my knees (don't get me wrong, it doesn't solve the problem, but it helps a bit!).

Different things work for different people though as everyone's symptoms are slightly different.

Good luck!

3. Willma

Willma Well-Known Member

Thank you honey,

I'm so tired, we've even ordered a new mattress.

4. EstelSeren

EstelSeren Married Mum of 2!

My Summer pillow was quite good for me! It comes as a circular nest and curls around you as you sleep! If it doesn't work then it can actually be used by baby as a little nest-like 'seat' if you zip it up right with the bit of extra material at the bottom! It's a bit pricey though- about the same price as the Dreamgenii! Best thing I found was a new mattress though- my hips and pelvis haven't really been painful since! :thumbup:

Beca :wave:

5. Willma

Willma Well-Known Member

Thank you all so much for you're input and advice. I brought the mother care body pillow plus, which is just amazing! It is sooo comfortable and really helped me sleep. I still had hip pain in both hips at 6am but not as intense as before and it actually responded to paracetamol, allowing me to go back to sleep, which has never happened before.

Our new foam mattress came today also, so I'm hoping that the two combined will give me my sleep back....please!!!!!!