Body prefering one side for Ov?

Dream.A.Dream

Mum to 6yo and WTT #2!
Reaction score
I was just wondering if any of you know anything about this. I seem to remember recalling that i've heard somewhere that the body sometimes prefers one ovary to the other when it comes to ovulation.

I'm pretty sure my body does this, as for my last 3 cycles my Ov pain seemed to be from the right for 2 months in a row. Then the third month it felt like i was Ovulating from both sides at the same time. Is this even possible?

Hi, as far as I could tell (from my pain and also two observed cycles in the hospital) I ovulated on my right all the time. Seeing as I don't have a right fallopian tube I was a bit worried, but I ended up getting pregnant anyway. Amazing what the body does.

Wow, that's impressive :) The body can be quite amazing.

It definitely feels like mine is mostly my right but not actually started trying yet. Was just wondering if it was possible/what other's experiences are.

I have never noticed that, I have always gotten the pain on my right lower side, and somehow feel like its comin from the back. If i bend down or picking up something, I'd feel like someone was stabbing me...Ouch!

That's kinda how mine feels. I expected it to alternate sides each cycle but it doesn't seem to.

Off topic- is that your tattoo? I love it :)

Wow, that's impressive :) The body can be quite amazing.

It definitely feels like mine is mostly my right but not actually started trying yet. Was just wondering if it was possible/what other's experiences are.

As my GP said "miracles do happen" :cloud9:

i only get ov pain on right ovary, left doesnt even hurt me!? weird! i got pregnant from my left though so anything can happen. xx

well im sure well yeh 4sure one of mine has all of a sudden got a lot lazier than the other, as one mth i have a "normal" 30day cycle, the next i have a 38day cycle!! not even sure if i O on these 38day cycles aving cd21 test this mth, had them last mth on 30day cycle and i defo O on them !!!!! :):)

Hi, as far as I could tell (from my pain and also two observed cycles in the hospital) I ovulated on my right all the time. Seeing as I don't have a right fallopian tube I was a bit worried, but I ended up getting pregnant anyway. Amazing what the body does.

That's amazing :D

I was wondering this too...I've never had ovulation pains (what do they feel like?) but I have one tube that doesn't work at all, so I was always worried that I was ovulating more on that side. Obviously not every time :cloud9: but now we're TTC again I keep thinking that even if I ovulate that doesn't mean it'll get anywhere. Wish I could tell x

This was the question I wanted to ask:happydance:

I have been having pains on both sides this month & was wondering if it was possible to OV from both sides!!!

Just cant understand why the pain keeps moving from left to right & sometimes the pain seems to come from both sides together.

Other months this pain is just on one side!!!

:hug:

I have been having pains on both sides this month & was wondering if it was possible to OV from both sides!!!

Just cant understand why the pain keeps moving from left to right & sometimes the pain seems to come form both sides together.

Just cant understand why the pain keeps moving from left to right & sometimes the pain seems to come form both sides together.

Both sides prepare to ovulate, and then one will normally take the other one over in the race :) That would explain the pain on both sides. It is possible to ovulate on both sides, with or without the help of clomid.

Ovulation on both sides is TOTALLY possible, even when not taking meds. That is actually how you get fraternal twins. Identical twins are the result of 1 egg, fraternal twins are the result of 2 eggs. Those eggs can come one from each ovary. It's just not all that common, but most women will o from both on a rare occassion.

I have o pain (middleschmertz) every month. USUALLY it switches sides, but not always. It is actually totally normal to o from the same ovary more than one month in a row. The race analogy from Faerie is a really good one.

My middleschmertz feels like dull stabbing pains (similar to AF, but over to the side more) coming from just inside and below the tip of my pelvic bone. Usually it's more uncomfortable than painful. Though the right side seems more painful then the left on the months I get a right sided egg. This last month was from the right and was so bad it woke me up at 3:30 AM and hurt like a SOB for 45 minutes. :gun:That is the extreme end!

Ovulation on both sides is TOTALLY possible, even when not taking meds. That is actually how you get fraternal twins. Identical twins are the result of 1 egg, fraternal twins are the result of 2 eggs. Those eggs can come one from each ovary. It's just not all that common, but most women will o from both on a rare occassion.

I have o pain (middleschmertz) every month. USUALLY it switches sides, but not always. It is actually totally normal to o from the same ovary more than one month in a row. The race analogy from Faerie is a really good one.

My middleschmertz feels like dull stabbing pains (similar to AF, but over to the side more) coming from just inside and below the tip of my pelvic bone. Usually it's more uncomfortable than painful. Though the right side seems more painful then the left on the months I get a right sided egg. This last month was from the right and was so bad it woke me up at 3:30 AM and hurt like a SOB for 45 minutes. :gun:That is the extreme end!

That's what mine is like, as far as i can work out from where the pain has been i've had right,right, left. And mine generally just feels uncomfortable but if i crouch then it gets really painful!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->