Body weight & TTC ?

Discussion in 'Trying To Conceive' started by NicoleB, Dec 22, 2009.

1. NicoleB

NicoleB Mama Of Many & Lovin It

so when I got pg with 3 out of my 7 children I was over weight (5 foot 6 and then between 160 & 175) it took 10 months with baby 1, 3 1/2 years with baby 2 & baby 3 was a much wanted oops (3 months after #2 was born)then #4 I was 120lbs, #5 140lbs, #6 140lbs, with the bean I lost 130lbs and #7 147lbs (yes I gained 17 pounds in the 4 weeks it took to get pg with him after the loss) anyway I am now 125lbs going by the wrist measurement I have a small to medium frame going by the elbow measurement I have a large frame (lol im not built odd) I am skinny tho a extra small/small shirt and 0/2 pants my ob and family doc both think I'm under weight. but all the calculators say I'm in the healthy range..all that being said my question is can my weight be affecting my hormones and thats why I'm not getting as much CM down there and my temps are kinda wacky?

2. sunlover72

sunlover72 Well-Known Member

Short answer is yes being either far too thin or far too heavy can affect conception chances, but its when BMI is over 30 or under 20.

The research i read said that for each point your weight is over 30 or under 20 theres approximately 4% less chance of conception.

But, if your showing in healthy range, i wouldnt personally worry.

3. NicoleB

Thank you! Everything other than my ob abd family doc says I'm in the healthy range..

4. stmw

stmw Well-Known Member

As long as your in a healthy range, you should be fine =)

xxx

5. NicoleB

Thank you!! I sure hope so because I want another baby..

6. TaeBoMama

TaeBoMama Well-Known Member

I don't know what's wrong with your doctors, but you are in the normal range. I'm 5" 6' and about 125lbs and haven't had trouble conceiving. I think it's my age at this point (37) that is slowing it down a bit, not my weight. My first was an oops and I weighed 100lbs. Second baby was close to an immaculate conception and I weighed about 117lbs. Baby number 3 came the 2nd time trying and I weighed 120 at the time. Baby 4 took a bit more time...6 to 8 months, I think. I weighed about 125lbs and was 31 at the time.

7. NicoleB

LOL I think they are crazy too! I was 120 with my 4 1/2 year old and got pg on the 1st try to so...