Boiled Eggs

SleepyBaby

Reaction score
I really wan boiled eggss, runny yokes and toast to dip into it, i dont want the whites!!

Thing is, Half the internet says no, dont do it, much danger, very ill! the other half is like " we tested 150,000 eggs for samonella after the lion quality control came in and we found no trace, so we are campigning to get the government to change there advise, as it is safe"

Im feeling very sad about this, like a toddler about to have a tantrum haha

Whats your views on runny eggs? haha:baby:

I think its up to you as I know people who have ate them and been fine. Ive also known people to eat mouldy cheese too and been ok. I just never wanted to risk it.
I felt the same way you did first time round so did research online and found half said ok and half said no like you found so I never ate any.
This time I have wanted runny eggs again (like worse than first time round) and still found the same things online. In the end I asked at my midwife appointment and they said a definate no :nope:

No runny eggs then :( wonder is there anything with the same texture haha

I think im craving textures more than foods, yesterday i wanted something crunchy.. didnt know what thought!

Personally, and I'll probably get stoned for this, but I've always thought that if you're body craved something just to go with it. Had to put a stop to this when I started craving sponges and White spirit in my lady pregnancy (don't ask!) but I personally will eat a runny egg if that's what I fancy cx

I completely feel the same way...acting like a little child about to throw a tantrum...I love runny eggs, to dip toast into and it has always been the ONLY way I ate eggs...I had runny eggs once early in pregnancy because I just wanted them bad and then I felt so0o0o bad after that I havnt had them since. I looked up lots on the internet about this subject and it is just too risky...with all the recalls going on out there, it would be my luck that eggs would be recalled. I dont eat eggs often anymore because it just honestly makes me sad :cry:

I always thought it was the egg whites which carried salmonella as it's the shell which is the main problem of the egg. Else we wouldn't be allowed to eat a runny old regardless surely?

But, our immunity is a lot worse than a standard adult, thus meaning we're higher risk for any illness.

Apparently we should only buy eggs which are stored in refrigerators in a shop (I've yet to see this, always on the shelves).

We cant have boiled eggs either? why not, they are cooked

The guidelines on eggs (runny yolks) are supposed to change next year, as long as the eggs are "lion stamped" they are safe to eat. I personally have enjoyed runny yolks in all my pregnancies... the only thing a hard boiled egg is good for is egg mayo sandwiches https://www.telegraph.co.uk/health/11214685/Its-safe-to-eat-runny-eggs-pregnant-women-told.html

ive tried everything today, including eating a family sized salad all alone lol and i still want ma eggs! think later ill have a bath and chill and if i still want it this badly ill have one, just one!

never seen any eggs in the fridge in the shops! thatss a new one xD

I was talking to my uncle today and he was talking away and i thought about eggs and burst out crying haha told him it was hormones and stress over the conversation, but it was really because i wanted eggs! its THAT bad hahaha

Oh man...I love hard boiled eggs! Now I want one! Sprinkle some salt on it after its peeled, and YUM!

I had sunny side up eggs the other day. Love dipping toast in yolk :) Your biggest risk of salmonella is from the shells!

My view is to go for it. I believe in everything in moderation.

My mw's have always said lion marked were fine soft boiled/sunny side up and I think it will change to reflect that soon x

never seen any eggs in the fridge in the shops! thatss a new one xD

I had personally never seen eggs on a shelf until I lived in London for a bit. They are always refrigerated in Canada. It blew my mind at first that they weren't refrigerated in the UK.

As for your dilemma. As some of the others said, in moderation it is highly unlikely to harm you in any way. Like someone else said, if your body is craving it then perhaps that is exactly what you need.

I made some, with toast, and it was horrible :( I was gutted lol

What i really wanted ill never know, i made the eggs, got it all sorted on the plate, dunked ma toast and took a bite.. nearly vomited!!

settled for some salt and vinegar chrisps and moved on :) no longer want the eggs haha

That's a right shame haha. I can feel your disappointment.

Maybe next time you crave for it (if you ever do) just fantasise ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->