bonjela warning any one else seen this

violet 73

mum to 4, 3 boys & 1 girl
Reaction score
its quite worrying
https://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/U...-Pain-Treatment/Article/200904415267495?f=rss

Theses stories do my head in. They all contain words like MAY and NOT confirmed....

In this one:

There have been no confirmed cases of Reye's Syndrome associated with Bonjela or Bonjela Cool, which remain safe and effective treatments for adults and children 16 years and over.

and:

As of April 16 this year, three suspected serious adverse drug reaction reports were received by the MHRA in association with the use of oral gels containing choline salicylate, including Bonjela.
All three cases were in children and all ended up in hospital. However, Reye's syndrome was not confirmed in any child.

Why bother making an article about it??!

Also it says the baby bonjela isn't affected so that's fine :)

It's talking about Bonjela Cool not baby Bonjela anyway:dohh:.

It says there's different ingredients:baby:

Yeah I saw it on the news, they are referring to adult and not baby bongela. So I think we are fine.
Bonjela Teething Gel for young children contains a different formula to the adult varieties and is unaffected.

yet another scare mongering news report without foundation... it is ridiculous.

But doesnt it say on normal Bonjela that it can be used after 4 months of age?

i bought CalGel for Maley's teething anyway...i tried bonjela for an ulcer once and it ddnt work!

I've used normal bongela with lilly (because it says its okay after 4 months) now i'm worried

I've used normal bongela with lilly (because it says its okay after 4 months) now i'm worried

Dont worry hun, there has been no cases of this with bonjela, it is just a precautionary measure :hugs:

scary stuff!!!!! i dont use teething gel for my kids, ive found they only lick the stuff off b4 it does any good. i use anbesol liquid, works just as well i think.
anybody any experience of teething powders?

If you are worried then don't use it. I use Bonjela, calgel and teething powders. They powders are herbal so contain nothing harmful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->