Boobs - when did you start seeing anything like milk?

lillme

Reaction score
I am 37+2, my boobs haven't changed that much, I am not seeing anything resembling milk/colostrum, don't ache, nothing!
Is this a sign my body will be holding on for a few more weeks yet or do some women not get milk until they have given birth?

I had no leakage and no sign of milk before I had my little girl. My milk came in in text book fashion a couple of days after I had her and I successfully breastfed. She initially dropped quite a bit of weight and did take a while to get up to birth weight but I exclusively breastfed for 6 months and fed her until after her second birthday. I would't worry, don't think it's an indicator of how much milk you will have.

I can get colostrum now since about 28ish weeks but it kicked in early with my last pregnancy too. Everyone is different!

I've had milky discharge since 16 weeks. Now at 28+4 I have so much that I need to use nursing pads.

I agree with the above, I've been having small amounts colostrum since about 24/25 weeks but nothing to the point where I need to wear breast pads or anything. Everyone's different :)

I had nothing really except a little colostrum until after delivery.

I didn't have any leakage at all and my milk only came in 4 days after delivery as I had a big blood loss.

With DS I had only a tiny amount till he was 3 days old, then was huge and leaked (a lot) for a few weeks. We successfully breastfed for over 13 months.
Seem to be going the same this time, had a small amount of colostrum from about 30 weeks but only enough to see it and nothing more, boobs haven't grown at all :(. Need to get ice packs ready lol. It totally depends on how your body produces, everyone I different :).

With #1 I had a small amount of leakage of colustrum the last few weeks and then my actual milk did not come in until day 5 but he hardly lost any weight

This time I have been having a small amount of leakage since maybe 16 weeks but nothing substantial but if I squeeze my nipples I can see it coming out :shrug:

With my first i had no leakage whatsoever prior to birth. But my milk came in strong just 2 days after giving birth.

I wouldn't take a lack of milk as a sign of anything. With my first I had no leakage no real changes in my breast until after I had her and I nursed successfully. She was born on a Wednesday and my milk came in Saturday morning and my boobs were HUGE! I couldn't get any kind of bra over them, they were so sore and rock hard, milk would literally just stream out of them. She had initially lost about 5oz after she was born I think but the nurses said that was normal and she gained 2oz within a day of my milk coming in! I EBF for 6 months and continued to nurse her for a year and was actually still nursing for a few weeks when I got pregnant with #2. I have noticed this time around that my breast have gotten sore off and on and leaked a little colostrum, but I attribute that to just having nursed my first not too long ago.

Thank you all for your responses and reassurance. I guess I am getting impatient now I have all my ducks in a row and feel like my boobs should be doing something (can you tell it's my first so no clue what my body should be doing!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->