Book recommendations, please!

Emiloo

Pregnant with #2
Reaction score
Im looking to start buying some books on pregnancy and trying to conceive. Has anyone got any to recommend? I was thinking of buying What to Expect: Before Youre Expecting and Taking Charge of Your Fertility but I thought Id see what others say first.

I was thinking of getting mainly trying to conceive books and maybe one pregnancy book to start my pregnancy stash off!!

"Secrets of The Mommyhood: Everything I wish someone had told me about pregnancy, childbirth and having a baby"

Honestly What to Expect When You're Expecting is the only one that I bought and I felt like it was the only one that I needed. My pregnancy with DS was also unexpected though so I have never actually TTC before so I wouldn't know what books to try on that. What to Expect When You're Expecting does have some information on preparing yourself for TTC though. It's a great pregnancy book, there's a good reason that it's one of the most well known. There is also a lot of free information on the net meant to help with TTC. Good luck on your TTC journey and lots of :dust:!

The impatient woman's guide to getting pregnant is brilliant. Really detailed and lots of research gone into busting some common myths. What to expect before is also ok.

Some of my favorite pregnancy/labor/etc. books:

Do Chocolate Lovers Have Sweeter Babies - Jenna Pincott
Get Ready to Get Pregnant - Michael C. Lu
The Birth Partner - Penny Simkin [HIGHLY RECOMMEND]
Nurture Shock - Po Bronson & Ashley Merryman

The impatient woman's guide to getting pregnant is brilliant. Really detailed and lots of research gone into busting some common myths. What to expect before is also ok.

I was going to post this one. I've flipped through it at Chapters a few months ago.

The impatient woman's guide is great! Just the right lenght and very funny at times, very human :)

Looks like Ill be getting that one!! I have a slight obsession with buying books (but not necessarily reading them, lol) so I have a feeling I'll be buying a few!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->