Booked an early scan!

DanteRoman

Reaction score
As this is our last baby we've decided to get an early scan.

Peace of mind and I want to experience everything pregnancy has to offer. I want to have done it all.

I'll be 6+6 going off lmp, has anyone had one and knows what I should see. I'm really happy right now it's going to feel real. And it's only £60! Can't wait til a week on Saturday! Xx

https://i1153.photobucket.com/albums/p505/JustmeGemmy/IMG-20150302-WA0016_zpszaxgqslo.jpeg

(Sorry if the image is massive, I can't resize it)

This was my scan, I should have been 7wks, but the babies were measuring 6wks & 6+3. Unfortunately, we lost one of the babies, but I would imagine this will be similar to what you might see :) The two larger blobs on the right are the babies & the smaller one on the left is the yolk sac. You might see something a bit more advanced as they were measuring at smaller than you will be.

Good luck, hun. I know how awful it can be to wait for scans, but it's so worth it! I had a private scan yesterday (£40, amazing price) at 10+3. I was so nervous, but it was absolutely amazing to see our little bear jumping and dancing around :D xx

(ETA - We saw heartbeats in both babies at the time, but I know it can be difficult to see one before 8wks, so try not to be too upset if you don't see one!)

Thanks so much! This is really reassuring.
So sorry you lost a twin :( do they run in your family?

£40 is really good.. Hope the rest of your pregnancy goes smoothly! Xx

I saw absolutely nothing at my 6 week scan and I almost regret going that early. But I don't think I was actually 6 weeks, talked to the us tech about my long cycles and when I ovulated and she said I was probably more like 4-5 weeks so it was too early to see anything.

If you are sure of your dates and had "normal" length cycles I say go for it and you'll most likely see something. But just incase you're like me and unsure of your dates I thought I'd give you a heads up. My early scan caused me a lot of unnecessary stress.

Yeah I'm almost certain I'll be at least 6 weeks my cycles are regular as I've just come off the pill :) thanks though, I was a little concerned about this xx

Is this your first cycle off the pill? Because that can actually make your cycles more irregular.

Yeah I caught first month trying. I tested at what I thought was 13dpo and got a bfp which makes me believe my cycle guess was correct. My last lmp was the 15th feb xx

I unexpectedly had an early scan because I was hospitalized and it was ER protocol to do a scan. I was 7+something weeks but was measuring about a week behind so around the same as you will be! All we could see was a little blob with a heartbeat. It looked like just a heartbeat! Lol. Oh and don't worry if the scan measurements don't exactly match your period dates. The tech told me the measurements aren't accurate so early because everything is so tiny. At my next scan baby was measuring ahead.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->