Booking in appointment at home???

merlotgirl

Mum to a blonde angel!!
Reaction score
Hi all,

I've got my booking in appointment next Weds (I'll be 9 weeks) and my midwife is coming round to my house...

Has anyone else had this and what happened at this appointment? I've read that some of you have had bloods taken and have had internal exams.. will she want to do this? :shrug:

Also should my OH be there? He came to the first docs appointment and said he felt like a bit of a spare part and I don't want him to have to have to take time off if he's going to feel like that again?

Any help/ advice/ information appreciated !!

MG

I can't be of much help to your question but I just wanted to say I've got my booking appointment at home but I requested it there. I've got mine right after xmas so I'm counting down the days. I don't think they do internal exams at the booking appointment where I am, but I'd expect she will still take my bloods :winkwink:

Hi there, had mine yesterday @ home - found it nice and relaxed.

Lots of form filling in, presume the bloods/internals etc will be stored up for hospital app by the sounds of it.

I had DH with me, just as he was randomly off, and turned out to be really useful, as he knew more about his families medical history than I did, which were a lot of the questions on the form.

Was just lots of questions about medical/family history etc, and giving plenty of useful literature. Should get scan date through in about a week she said.

Hope this helps :flower:

I had my scan at home this week. My DH wasn't here but i made sure i had all his family history ready for it lol.
It was just loads and loads of questions and form filling in. I had to book an appointment at my docs to get my bloods done which i have booked for monday. But there was no mention of an internal check or anything like that!
She told me that my scan date will be with me within the next week.
Hope this helped a lil.
Good luck xxx

I had mine at the local maternity clinic but I would imagine it would be similar, other than perhaps she will do your bloods another time. Mine was about 2 hours long and just lots and lots of form filling and questions, urine sample, weight and height, blood pressure etc. DH came with me and I was glad he did because he was asked a lot of questions about his medical history and that of his family. Also the midwife gave him a lot of info for dads to be.

I did not get an internal and there was no mention of one - it seems like they are not so much the norm in the UK as other countries - forgot to check where you are from!

ive never heard of it being done at home, now i feel jealous that i have to go in!!! LOL!

x

I had my first appt with my midwife at the docs surgery and there she booked to see me at home, which is happening tues. My notes say it's to complete booking in. She's given me a pot to pee in and envelopes for when she takes my blood. I'd actually find it easier if I had an appointment at the surgery as she's just put am on the appointment so it's gonna be tricky trying to explain to work! Ah well x

Ooooh I wish my mw would come to the house - our clinic is an hour's walk uphill!!

i had my 1st at hime. They just write out your notes, and ask questiosn about your family history. So as long as you no your mans then he wont miss anything. I got a pack and they go through foods to avoid and common things that can happen. then she arranged for my 12 week scan appointment. That was when i was weighted had blood taken and had a scan. this one is better for your man.

In my area the midwives used to do all bookings at home routinely but now due to reduction in midwives resources etc these have moved back into the clinic :( However, some of the midwives if they can prefer going into the home and will make an effort to do this as much as possible, it is more personal, thorough and less rushed.

:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->