Booking in Appt (UK)

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - First Trimester' started by missymoon, Nov 13, 2011.

1. missymoon

missymoon Pregnant - 1st Trimester

Hi there,

I had a doctors appointment where I told him I was preg a couple of weeks ago at 6weeks. I am now 8 weeks and wondering whether the midwife will contact me, or I have to phone them up. The doctor did fill in a form with me but i didn't really ask what happens yet (too many things to remember).

Now I was just starting to worry that i won't get my booking in appointment and booking in for a scan until ages away. Eeeek, so much that i don't know with No 1. I'm hoping i don't miss something out.

Thanks xx

2. hopeforamirac

hopeforamirac Well-Known Member

i would give them a ring and chase it up, the mw should contact you but obviously hasnt bothered yet.
    give them a ring :)

3. Mindy_mini

Mindy_mini Mum2b of 2 under 2

Just depends on your gps policy. Our surgery you have to book own appointment with mw. I'd chase it up and see

4. Mee_Mummy

Mee_Mummy Mummy to DS & DD ~ <3

I had to ring in for both my pregnancies to make an appt xx

5. lianne82

lianne82 Well-Known Member

I had to ring to get my appointments hun, I'm sure they get lots of people chasing them up especially when it's first baby!

6. missymoon

missymoon Pregnant - 1st Trimester

Thanks Ladies!

Its so confusing sometimes as if its your first, you aren't really sure of what to do? I'll phone on Monday and ask.

7. davidjoemum

davidjoemum mum to Davie and Sophie

when i was living in surrey i had to phone them for appointment but now im in kent pregnant again and they said they will phone me they didnt so i phoned and arranged.they will give you nuchal scan at 12 weeks but if you have some concern or abdominal pains about your pregnancy tell them that u want 1 as early as possible if they said no (they can i dont know where u live and what your local hospital policy is on that)say that u in pain or go to A&E and they will refer you or just go private but that can be pricey.

good luck hope all will go well

8. superfrizbee

superfrizbee Love my princess & prince

I'd chase them up, booking appt is normally between 8 and 10 weeks so they should be getting you scheduled in.

9. joeybrooks

joeybrooks Ethan and Leo's mummy

My dr confirmed the pregnancy and asked me to call to the reception on the way out to make midwife apt, which I have at 8 weeks.

10. MrsWhy

MrsWhy 2nd time mom :)

I'm based in Warwickshire and the midwife contacts you between 8 and 10 weeks however if they don't then they give you a number to call if you've heard nothing by 11 weeks.

I think it does depend on where you live in the country as to what the procedure is

Hope you hear something soon x