Booking in scan - 14 weeks!!!!! *updated*

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - First Trimester' started by third time, Apr 23, 2009.

1. third time

third time Well-Known Member

Ok, some of you know the in's and out's of my not-so-wonderful, in fact crap, midwife!! For those of you that don't, I went for my first midwife appointment and was there 4 minutes, wasn't told anything, didn't have a weight check or anything!!!

Anyway, she sent a referal form off to my hospital and it never got there so another one was sent.

Right, that's all of you up to date, so after 2 weeks of waiting and not receiving my letter, I rang them today. My booking in appoinment is on May 12th, which will make me 14 weeks, and the lady on the phone said that often the first scan comes a week after that!!!!!

Is it possible to have a dating scan at 15 weeks - really pissed off, have a history of miscarriage and ectopic and had a scan at 8 weeks, but lost symptoms and so am convinced something isn't right, I told the lady on the phone this and she said that she would try to sort it for me to be earlier but she was very doubtful!!!

Why would they leave it that long!! I'm sick of paying national insurance for a shit service!!!!!

Sorry - rant over

Amy xxx

update

Well, went to the doctors about some back pain, told have got a pelvis problem but nothing t do with pregnancy so that was ok and have been referred to emergency physio!!!

BUT!!!!!!!............... Told the doctor about the probability of my scan being at 15 weeks and he rang the maternity ward immediately and I now have a scan in 5 DAYS :happydance: :happydance: :happydance:

Bricking it now but very excited!!!!

Woohoo

2. sleepinbeauty

sleepinbeauty WTT#1 after marriage

Can you go to someone else? They should be keeping a better eye on your considering your history! If they're like this now, how will they be on the Big Day, you know what I mean? I hope it all sorts out for you...

3. third time

I know, did think about it, but they've got a really good reputation - would you believe!!! Also I don't really like the only other maternity hospital in my area - situation sucks, don;t know whether i can wait another 3 weeks, making me crazy!!!!

4. kyesmummy

kyesmummy Mum of 1 TTC#2

thats really bad!!! my first midewife appointment i was in there for about an hour and a half, ive got my 12 week scan on 13th may. i would be very peed off if i received the same service as you. is there no way you can change your midwife or complain about the lack of service you have received?

5. shaunanicole

shaunanicole Guest

Oh wow, that is horrible. In the states having a midwife is optional and not too many people have one. Instead I have an OBGYN and he is extremely on top of his game. He actually called ME the other day and asked me to make an appointment to come see him. He wants me to start coming in every 2-3 weeks so he can check me and the baby out. I'm terribly sorry that this has happened to you and if I were you I would be extremely angry. I'm sorry hun, I hope things get better! :hugs:

6. dom85

dom85 Mum of 2, 3rd on the way

Hi hun, sorry to hear this.

I was in a similar situation, my midwife wouldn't even see me until I was ten weeks, which meant that with the waiting list at the hospital I was never going to get a scan at 12 weeks. I think they just allocate the first one that's available without even bothering to check the due date.

Do you have NT scans as standard in your area? If you do then you HAVE to have a scan before 13 weeks and 6 days, my original appt wasnt until I was 17 weeks, I stayed on the phone with them until they changed it. In the end they said that they 'made' an appt for me, they have fitted it in and not to be late.

When I got there there were only about 5 people waiting to have scans and they have 3 scanning rooms, so I dont understand why they were apparently so full.

Also, the fact that your symptoms are changing is probably normal at this stage, my MS died down at 10 weeks, but has come back the last week. I think that we probably get used to the little symptoms like bloating etc. and think that something is wrong.

Good luck :hugs:

7. scottishgal89

scottishgal89 Well-Known Member

i know im worried too!!
    my booking in appointment isnt until the 28th of may which will make me around 16/17 weeks and i was told i wouldnt get a scan until a few weeks after!!!
    :(
    xxx

8. charlottesma

charlottesma Mum to 2!

I'm 13 weeks now and haven't heard anything from the hospital except a letter for them to tell me I have some odd disorder that could be fatal to baby and leave me needing blood transfusions, still no appointment though, I plan on phoning tomorrow and giving them hell till I get a date, even before the blood disorder, I was meant to be high risk as I have brittle asthma and was taking cemo drugs for it when I fell pregnant. My asthma consultant has moved me to appointments during his lunch break so he can keep an eye on me every few weeks but antenatal seem to have totally missed me.

9. AP

AP Well-Known Member

That is ridulous, all of you that have to wait THAT long! A dating scan is best done between 10-13 weeks, or so they say! i cant believe some of you are still waiting!

i suggest you make some story up and throw yourself in the local EPU. Use those hormones and cry and who knows.... I would do it, I swear!

10. mrso

mrso Lovin my Family

I would do it too. Nothing makes me more angry then crappy heath care "professionals." They went to extra schooling for what they do. I feel like I put a lot in their hands, they owe you more than that. I saw one doctor who was misserable... when I left I told him that he needed to seek some customer services classes because he sucked.

11. third time

Going to doctors today to kick off big style!!! Hopefully they'll do somethig about it!!!!

12. third time

update

Well, went to the doctors about some back pain, told have got a pelvis problem but nothing t do with pregnancy so that was ok and have been referred to emergency physio!!!

BUT!!!!!!!............... Told the doctor about the probability of my scan being at 15 weeks and he rang the maternity ward immediately and I now have a scan in 5 DAYS :happydance: :happydance: :happydance:

Bricking it now but very excited!!!!

Woohoo

13. lou1979

lou1979 Mummy to 3 beautiful boys

Glad you got your scan sorted!!! goodluck huni x

14. third time

Thank you - very nervous now!!!

15. charlottesma

charlottesma Mum to 2!

I phoned and kicked up a fuss yesterday, I now have an appointment on Tuesday, I guess it pays to moan.