borderline hypertension???

ProudMum

Reaction score
My bp yesterday was 145/87 which I hear is borderline HB-
However, what I dont understand is this... it says the average hypertensive has above 145 and over 90 diastolic- well mine was 145/87 so wouldthat still put me as a borderline hypertensive sufferer? never had it before and my readings with DS were always 120/70 or 80...
MW claims its because I was nervous and everytime she took a reading (she did it 3 times) I panicked all the more because I was watching the monitor going up and up- (i was so hoping it'd go down which is why I was stressing)
what I would like to know is, is the reading something to be worried about??? I of course worried because I knew what an average reading should be, but MW put it down to anxiety... still, that doesnt comfort me much since I know the BP was higher than average.
I asked if it was high, she said no (bit confused about that)anyone have similar experiences??

Mine is always 120/70 and when I went on Thursday it was around 148/80 and so I am having to have it rechecked tomorrow. It could be a totally random reading and next time you go it could have gone back to normal. I think the point she is sort of missing is that it is quite high for you. I take it your next appointment isn't for a few weeks? I would ring and make an appointment to go and see her again soon just so she can check it for you :hugs: Take it easy and it will probably have gone down by then.

my next appointment isnt til jan16th :( so you could say a few weeks away.
I have taken it upon myself to buy a bp monitor. Im hoping when it arrives tomorrow it'll be quite a bit below 145/87.
thanks for the advice.. :)wereyour drs concerned at all??

the main thing is to really not stress about it to much, anxiety does make it go up and if you keep checking it at home you could get more stressed, or u could do it whilst relaxing and see its ok, its not that high at that hosp yesterday mine was 150/81 she put it down to nerves as ive always had a BP of around 110/70 (but when i stress it does shoot up every time and always comes bk down) if they werent worried about it i wouldnt worry its certainly not high enough for them to panick and chances are next time it will be fine. xx

If your midwife was worried about it she would have told you to go in earlier than a months time to have it rechecked. If not then they're not concerned at the moment. Blood pressure can move around lots - I've had a reading of 160/100 and 2 days later 115/70 - no reason for the difference as both were done on the same machine by the same person!

I'd try really hard not to look at the readings when they're doing it and to think calm thoughts. Being anxious will make it worse.

I find nine goes up more when j see the midwife it is normal for bloodpressurebyo rise be the end any way! X

The midwife has asked to see me again tomorrow at the baby weighing clinic as a favour kind of thing but that's only because I also have protein in my urine so if mine has gone up/ not gone down I have to go to the hospital for poking and prodding (ARGH!!!!). As you say your reading is borderline between normal and mild hypertension so at least it isn't moderate or severe. I think you did the right thing buying the monitor, just bear in mind the readings will be slightly different to the ones the doctor uses because it has been done on a different machine. At least this way you can see if it is going down over the course of a few days to put your mind at rest :hugs:

hello i suffered PIH when i had my daughter which did, for me turn into pre E, i developed PIH at 26wks, i would say with that reading that its more an anxious problem, your blood pressure will rise when u are preg after first tri. they are only concered if it is alot higher than normal and if you have protien in your urine not + protien there only concerned if its ++ as the bottom number was 87 i wont worry to much. i also have what they call white coat sydrom, which means mine rises in hospital. i wouldnt worry as its not extremely high at one point i was on 500mg of tablets 3xs a day as you have 19 days to go i wouldnt worry take care

sorry just realised im reading someone else. your 11 weeks you will prob find it will drop soon if you have been more stressed than normal it will rise xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->