Bored now !!!

Chelle26

Reaction score
I'm bored now ladies I've had not 2 weeks on mat leave and I'm bored I can't nest as we move house in 3 weeks :/ what can I do to keep myself occupied !!!

I'm bored now ladies I've had not 2 weeks on mat leave and I'm bored I can't nest as we move house in 3 weeks :/ what can I do to keep myself occupied !!!

I watch movies, read (a lot), do the gardening, re organise things, make stuff (currently making headbands with fabric and buttons......do you have any packing you can do for the move?

I have been on maternity leave for almost two weeks now. The first week I was working on my to-do list - still getting our room set up for the baby, doing laundry, putting gifts away etc. But now that I'm in the last couple of weeks, I get tired more quickly and can't really do as much. Hubby wants me to take it easy as he noticed my feet and ankles were starting to puff up when I was on them for very long. So now I'm starting to get a little bored because he doesn't want me to lift a finger, and it's driving me crazy - dishes in the sink, dusting to be done, the office is in disarray, etc. He's going to take care of all of it, but I wish I could.
One thing I did do over the weekend was make some art to put up by the crib. The babe is rooming with us, we don't have a nursery, and I hadn't painted or put up any decorations really. I was looking for some cool decals to put on the wall, but I didn't really find any that I liked. Decided to break out the markers and get creative. It matches these funky "mobiles" we got at a second-hand sale. Black, white, red and geometric is what I've read is good for infant's cognitive development and their vision. I was going to post a picture of it, but I am getting way too frustrated waiting for it to upload!
You have a while longer to go though. Maybe even though you can't nest, you could still get crafty and make some gifts for your baby. You could take up knitting or crochet, or make some sock puppets, or something like that. Work on your pregnancy journal and/or baby book - something you and your family can look back on to remember this special time. Walking, swimming, yoga or other light exercise will help break up the time, and perhaps help your baby to get in the right position for birth. Catch up on TV series or movies you have wanted to watch, get together with friends, make meals you can freeze and use when the baby first gets here and you won't have time to cook...
Just some ideas. Not to say I'm doing all of that! I'm overdosing on internet, between facebook and pregnancy forums. But that reminds me... I need to work on my journal this afternoon.
Good luck and I hope you enjoy the rest of your pregnancy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->