• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Boredom - anyone else?

mummyruston

New mummy to baby girl
Reaction score
So im 32 weeks pregnant and just feel so bored and unchallenged and just counting down until LO comes.

Im normally so active and very social, weekends full of friends, shopping, dinner, drinks etc etc and I think since the winter as hit I just feel so bored as I dont do any of that anymore...

I havent drank since getting pregnant, my OH has been busy doing DIY to our house (new kitchen and dining room), my best friend has gone back to uni so is very busy - so I just feel a bit bored.

I know i shouldnt complain - because in 8 weeks time I wont have time to even think I'm bored...

But anyone else in the same boat? Im so used to having such a very active and social life and now Im just on the internet and reading books on birth or watching X factor (which I have never done!!)

I'm the same!! Im 38 weeks, been off work since I was 19 weeks. It's so hard to find things to do!!

On the bright side..got an appt tomorrow to see if my cervix is favourable for ul early induction :)

Im still at work and have a very senior job, but if I wasnt preg Id have changed jobs by now as been there 2 years and in need of a bigger challenge...but I just think its evrything...

I hate waiting!!

Ive been off work since first trimester.. I found it very boring to start with but Ive learnt to enjoy it and make the most of it! I do miss my active lifestyle a bit but just because you are pregnant doesnt mean you HAVE to be housebound if you dont want to :)

As I said - I think its because my OH has been working on the house for the last 3 months doing DIY and my best mate has gone back to uni to top her degree and be a teacher so shes always studying - so I just feel a bit bored. I dunno as I said I shouldnt moan!

Ive found pregnancy can be quite lonely.. Especially as OHs will never understand what its like and friends/family carry on their normal lives when my life has changed so much :)

I have been on the sick from work since 16 weeks and at the start I found it great being off all the time as I usually work and barely had time to sleep :haha: so it was like having a long holiday, then I started getting bored!! Now I spend the night awake with backache and going to the toilet every hour that I sleep until lunch time and feel horrible when I wake as my body clock is all over the place, then I just get up, shower, eat lunch, clean a little, walk my puppy, visit my mum/dad and friends, watch tv and then go to bed!! I should be enjoying my free time but Im sooo bored!! Wish all us baby and bump ladies in the same boat could meet up during the day but that can't happen as we all live all over the world!! :flower:

I just feel like I work and come home and thats it....all weekend we stayed in and watched tv - x factor etc as OH wanted a weekend off doing nothing after 3months of DIY - but I am just so bored!!

So its work then home and tv
¬

I have had a good 28 weeks but now i've had enough, am so bored i just want time to fly

ive been off for the past three weeks...i can see times when it does get boring as its just one big waiting game however make the most of it. I work full time too so im enjoying the cheesy day time TV....sitting with my feet up....pj days if you feel like it....xmas shopping all sorted.

I am soooooo bored! I've done everything that needs to be done to get ready for baby. I'm still working my full time desk job in the evenings but that doesn't make me any less bored when I'm not working. Everyone keeps telling me to enjoy my down time while I can but I'm just so ready to meet my little girl!

I feel the same way! I'm 32 weeks along and have had lots of time off my full time work due to migraines. As of today I am off work until Mat leave and I fear the boredom! What will I do.. personally I feel like a failure because I'm usually a "go getter" and well I have to admit to myself that my body has told me I've reached the line. From now until my due date I will have lots of thinking and being confined within four walls. I think I will drive myself crazy and I fear it. To think mentally I'm in great spirits and I enjoy being pregnant but to listen to my body, physically things have changed lots! I know it'll all be forth it when by little bundle of joys gets here... but the dreaded waiting game is not going to be fun :(

i finished work as 33 weeks and im glad i did because i have a long commute and i was starting to get uncomfortable.. but my god i have been soooo bored, i managed to keep REALLY busy for a week then since then....groan....i've become such a grump, sooo bored, but unmotivated too which makes it worse.

Maternity leave and a baby go kind of well together, i can't wait till he's here!!!!

iv been off for a few weeks and it was great gettin stuff done and all, although hubby was doin most of it, but now im seriously bored
im housebound as we only have 1 car and we live right out in the country so im stuck here
no one picks up the phone to ask how i am, never any txts either the most interaction i get is when I make the conversation on FB
so hubby leaves in the early hours and not home til around 6 or 7pm and iv nothin to do but sit here looking round me
love being pregnant hate being lonely

Yesss, third tri is so boring!!! I can't prepare for baby because I don't have a house. I just keep waiting around for the weekends and going to sales and buying things because I'm so bored! lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hayley1990
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"