bottle feeding pre made bottles whilst out and about??

Discussion in 'Formula Feeding' started by bam.bam, Nov 17, 2011.

1. bam.bam

bam.bam Member

Hi Ladies!

My little one is a week old today and im going to start pre making my bottles. I have been using the pre made cartons but it is just working out far to expensive!
    My question is if i pre make and store in the fridge, when i go out should i keep the bottle cold with an ice pack and then find somewhere to warm it whilst out? or warm it before i leave and keep it warm in a bottle bag thing???
    Im confused! lol!:shrug:

2. babyhopesxx

babyhopesxx Mum of 2 boys

I would pre make it and then keep it in a cool bag, you can buy special cool pags designed for bottles and they keep in there for up to 4 hours. When baby needs feeding you can just find somewhere to warm it up.

Although we are advised against storing pre made bottles, can you use the ready made cartons for just when your out and use the powdered formula for when your at home?

3. bam.bam

bam.bam Member

yeah that is another option just use the cartons when im out!:thumbup:

4. Loui1001

Loui1001 Well-Known Member

If we go out I keep the bottle cool in the insulated bag and heat it up when we need it

5. ke29

ke29 Well-Known Member

I used to take bottles out in a cool bag and reheat as needed. I bought the TT flask. Once he was up to 7oz feeds I just used cartons when out.