Bottle feeds at night?

MummyJade

Mum
Reaction score
Hey Ladies,
I am just wondering how everyone done bottle feeds at night?
and what you found easiest and quickest i.e making or heating.
so baby wasn't waiting to long for a feed?

any advice would be great thanks xx

I make bottles every night to last me 24 hours.So I just store them in the fridge and when she's hungry at night I put them in the bottle warmer and give to her.
I find it's the easiest way for me.

Yeah, make it before and get a bottle warmer if you would like to do it the quickest way. Caitlyn won't have reheated bottles though.

I make bottles every night to last me 24 hours.So I just store them in the fridge and when she's hungry at night I put them in the bottle warmer and give to her.

we do the same, by the time we've changed her diaper etc. the bottle is almost done

Thanks ladies, i was planning to use the bottle warmer but wasnt to sure if it was the easiest! no point asking my mum its been that long she puts on nappies back to front!
xx

I take a sterlised bottle and a carton of ready made to bed with me. OH brings her through while I pour it in, she takes it straight from the carton, super quick. x

I usually boil the kettle and steralise bubs bottle for the night before i go to bed...i then leave cool boiled water in the bottle and leave it in room temperature...if its cold by the time he gets up i add formula and get a jug...pour warm/hot water in it and place the bottle in it for about 5mins...ready by the time hes all changed xx

were im from your not allowed to make up bottles & put them in the fridge you have to make bottles up fresh something to do with the bacteria that sits in the milk once it goes cold , so i take everything to bed kettle empty sterlised bottles & powder & make them when needed . violet xx

I take a sterlised bottle and a carton of ready made to bed with me. OH brings her through while I pour it in, she takes it straight from the carton, super quick. x

i do the same as you take carton up

were im from your not allowed to make up bottles & put them in the fridge you have to make bottles up fresh something to do with the bacteria that sits in the milk once it goes cold , so i take everything to bed kettle empty sterlised bottles & powder & make them when needed . violet xx

It's not that your not allowed, it's what the guidelines advise. I used to take one out of the fridge and heat it up too till I found a quicker way.

i take 2 steralised bottles to bed with water in, i change him them add the milk powder and give it him at room temp (it helps with the sickness)

h x

I make up all my bottles with water in the morning to last me through the day and night, then at night I add powder and stand bottle in a bowl of boiling water for a few mins, Livvy always drinks up so can't be that bad!!!!

I take 2 ready made bottles up to bed in a cool bag and while i'm changing him I heat one up in a bottle warmer. Saves having to go downstairs for one.

i just bought cartons and took them to bed i did it the lazy way lol

I take the bottles upto bed with me with water already in them and add the formula when Ollie wakes up. He has it at room temp so really quick and easy! x

For both my expressed milk and formula, I just boil some water in the water cooker (about 3 min tops) and then add it to a pan and put the bottle in. The water or milk heats up to a good temp in 3-5 min tops. Then I add the formula for those and shake - all ready.

My formula actually states that it is only good for 1/2 hour after mixing with water so we wouldn't be able to make ahead of time even if we wanted to :) Oh well!!!

As I mainly breast feed or bottle feed expressed milk, we just boil water and add to sterilised bottles mostly when we are going out so it's only one or two anyway.

I make mine up for 24 hours, cool quickly in cold water and put in fridge, then when she wants it I warm it in a jug of boiling water, but not too hot because the hotter it is the more sick she is..

What you can do though is sterilise your bottles, and then put the amount of cooled bolied water into each bottle and then put that in the fridge. Then, when you want to feed, you take your bottle of water out of the fridge, add the correct amount of formula, shake it up and then warm it. You should still only store the water for less than 24 hours though, even in the fridge.

I make bottles twice a day, she gets 2oz formula and 1oz expressed BM right now. I just put the bottles in a mug of hot water, go change her diaper and by the time im done it is the right temp.

Hi hun, I take the bottles up to bed with me in a cool box with the cool boiled water in, then when she wakes, add the formula and pop in the bottle warmer in my room, change her nappy then we are ready to feed.... xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->