bottle nipples closely resembling real ones?

kiasuten

Reaction score
i'm going to be breastfeeding, but i will also be bottle-feeding (breast milk) so that OH and family can help with nighttime feedings while i get some rest.

what are some brands of baby bottle nipples that closely resemble breasts in that the bases are wide and the milk flows slowly like the breast? and can i just buy the nipples and use them with any bottles?

thanks.

ive been looking at breastflow bottles. these have a teat designed to be like a real nipple it seems. i dont know how good they are though x

The breast flow bottles are AMAZING! For the feel of them you cant go wrong. They do have a few pieces to them so if your looking for something that is just one piece this isnt it. But I had them with my son and also have them now with my daughter.

i think i might get a couple of these infact just to try

ive got to looking at the mipump that goes with the breastflow bottles now. does anyone know if you can get the double electric pump in the uk? x

I think medela does one. I also bought some medela bottles:

https://www.mothercare.com/Medela-M...dp/B003WQ25YI?extid=google_product_extensions

https://www.mothercare.com/Medela-Calma-150ml-Bottle/dp/B003VKWOVE

Thanks, I'll look into the breastflow ones.

Are you able to breastfeed and bottlefeed right away, or would that cause nipple confusion?

i've also heard good things about breastflow, and those are the ones that i bought. I've been told it's best to wait until breastfeeding has been fully established before introducing a bottle. My timeframe is going to be 4-6 weeks. If you wait TOO long to introduce a bottle, baby might refuse it, and if you introduce too soon, baby might refuse breast. Of course, there are some women who just do whatever, whenever, and their babies are fine...

Thanks, I'll look into the breastflow ones.

Are you able to breastfeed and bottlefeed right away, or would that cause nipple confusion?

i asked my mw this and she said its best to wait until your milk supply is fully in, around 3-6 weeks

I'm going to use soothie pacifiers and soothie bottles. If he doesn't liek those, we'll try NUK pacifiers and bottles. I was going to get the breastflow but I've read mixed reviews. I will be switching back and forth also and hope that since he will be used to his pacifier, he can latch a bottle with the same nipple. My first wouldn't take a bottle for 8 months, so it is important I start mine off early.

Breastflow are sending out a free sample bottle, and it seems great also have a discount code, breastflow2011 if you buy online

I have read (sorry I can't remember where) that there is no evidence that 'breast-like' bottles do anything about reducing nipple confusion; it's just a marketing ploy to get women who would otherwise breastfeed buying bottles.

Over here, you pretty much always have to buy the right bottles to go with the teats, you can't mix and match.

I would wait at least 6 weeks before introducing a bottle, especially if it's at night. Night time/very early morning is when your body is best at producing milk so if you give a bottle during that time, your body will not be getting the signals to keep producing more milk and you could encounter supply issues. To be honest (and we do FF), even though many OHs have the best of intentions, I've always found it easier and quicker just to get up and feed LO myself during the night! By the time OH wakes up, comes to his senses, gets a bottle ready etc, baby was really distressed and difficult to settle back to sleep. Much easier to do it myself :lol:.

we waited a month before trying with some expressed milk in a bottle and my LO wouldn't take it. we tried and tried over many months, just so that i could have a break sometimes as she fed so often. but she never took a bottle and i finally finished breast feeding when she was one. Every baby is different. But I think I will try giving a little bit of expressed milk from the beginning, just so the baby gets used to a bottle. I loved breast feeding but its nice to have an option of someone else doing it as well.

I would wait at least 6 weeks before introducing a bottle, especially if it's at night. Night time/very early morning is when your body is best at producing milk so if you give a bottle during that time, your body will not be getting the signals to keep producing more milk and you could encounter supply issues. To be honest (and we do FF), even though many OHs have the best of intentions, I've always found it easier and quicker just to get up and feed LO myself during the night! By the time OH wakes up, comes to his senses, gets a bottle ready etc, baby was really distressed and difficult to settle back to sleep. Much easier to do it myself :lol:.

I definitely know what you mean... for the most part, I feel like it's easier to do things myself because OH is either slow or a little lazy with doing things, but in this case, it was recommended that I consider FF or supplementing with formula so that someone else can take over nighttime feedings so that I can get the rest I need to combat postpartum depression. I'm high risk for it (considering my depression now) so people are trying to take every precaution.

And somehow I feel it would be more stressful putting my trust in OH to get the job done and done right :haha:

iv heard yesterday from my hairdressers that tommy tippie r really good for that cos they ave big teets???

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->