bottle warmers?

DueMarch2nd

mummy to a little lamb
Reaction score
Would a bottle warmer be a good idea to have? I do plan on breast feeding but will need bottles to take out and about occasionally when I express. Would a bottle warmer be a good idea?

How else do babies drink bottles when not home? :shrug:

I would say they are a waste of money.

I am a first time mum but I have heard this from lots of folk.

My brother when he visited would just get me to boil a pot of water and stick bottle in it to heat it up.

i got a tommy tippee one (i have all the tommy tippee bottles etc) which is meant to heat the milk to the correct temp in 30 secs (or 1 mintue, can;t remember!) - it only cost me £15 so certainly worth a try. and it's only small so can go out with us and be up in the bedroom with us so if she is hungry in the night we can have a bottle warmed up and ready to go real quick without having to go up and down stairs (good seen as we live in a 3 storey house!) xxx

I mean the kind that keep it warm. They are brand new on ebay for 99p.

How do you warm a bottle when not visiting people?

i got a tommy tippee one (i have all the tommy tippee bottles etc) which is meant to heat the milk to the correct temp in 30 secs (or 1 mintue, can;t remember!) - it only cost me £15 so certainly worth a try. and it's only small so can go out with us and be up in the bedroom with us so if she is hungry in the night we can have a bottle warmed up and ready to go real quick without having to go up and down stairs (good seen as we live in a 3 storey house!) xxx

Oooh good price, I assumed the kind that heated them were pricey

I wouldnt bother with the ones that keep it warm? I just used to take it out fridge when going out and by the time they were ready for it, it would be room temp? If in a resturand etc you can ask for hotwater.

You will find that a lot of places refuse to give you hot water to heat bottles (health and safety!) and you should try and keep a made up bottle as cold as possible until use. A warm/warming bottle is a breeding ground for bacteria so it should only be warmed immediately before use.

Ok so no to keeping milk warm

Hmmm... So say for example I took some expressed milk with me from the fridge and went out shopping or around the town for the day.

I should get a bottle warmer in that case, right?

bottle warmers take to long to heat up the bottle for a hungry baby, i have one and it is in the cupboard, the plus size is it can also be used to heat up jars of food though too so i might use it for this as baby wont be as hungry when he goes on solids, fingers crossed lol x

Ok so no to keeping milk warm

Hmmm... So say for example I took some expressed milk with me from the fridge and went out shopping or around the town for the day.

I should get a bottle warmer in that case, right?

In this case you want an insulated something to keep the bottle COLD until you need to use it. At which point the cheapest way to do it is to have a small thermos of hot water and a little basin (or the lid of the thermos) to stand the bottle in. The problem with this is it takes time...as with any bottle it takes a fair bit to warm up from cold and in the meantime you have a screaming baby.
There will be products out therr you can buy but I imagine they will be expensive and useless!!

with ds when he was having breast milk expressed in bottles they got warmed in a jug of boiling hot water,
when on formula i never pre-made bottles up with poweder i had tommetippe closer to nature bottles and you can get milk powder dispensers for them and id put the powder in ther and fill the bottle half way with pre-boiled cooled water when going out and would get the cafe or resturant to top it up to however many ounces i needed with boiling water, add the powder and shake and it was normally bang on the right temp for ds

As a 3rd time mum i wouldnt bother gettin one. i always heat the bottle in the microwave, u learn to do it safely, heat it and no more. if im going out i just use a warm bottle and put in an insulated bottle bag. most places r good if u ask them to heat a bottle when ur out anyway.

i wouldn't bother if you are going to bf hun but they are great if you bottle feed, i had one with the other 2 and have bought one again, i only use them at night though, i store 3 bottles from the fridge in cold water and when lo wakes for one i don't have to mess about going down stairs i just pop one in the bottle warmer :) xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->