Bottles to Cup

sapphire20

Olivia & Alex <3
Reaction score
Im not really sure where to post this, so gona post here and if needs to be moved please do so.

Just wondering when other mums stopped giving bottles and started to use a cup? I know all babies are different, but I know I used to look after someone elses LO whenever they went on a night out etc and her little one was about 12 months and no longer had a bottle, but then iv seen kids at like 2 or near enough still with a bottle, Do you decide to take it away or do babies stop wanting them? I know somedays Olivia will flat refuse her bottle during the day and want her milk from a cup.

Thanks

If she's showing signs of disliking taking milk from a bottle then you could start weaning her off them now, I don't see any reason why not, and it's better for their teeth anyway.

Once Ruby is drinking more confidently (and less messily) from a Doidy cup I will start making the switch, whenever that happens to be. The bedtime bottle is usually the last to go apparently.

I reckon some babies go off bottles before a year and some have to be encouraged to wean off them.

I'll be keeping an eye on this as I asked this the other week in the FF section.

I want Violet off bottles as soon as practical but not sure where to start. As I'm trying to drop down to 6oz feeds during the day, that will fit in her cup so I could start with those and keep morning and night in a bottle as they're bigger feeds.

If you can get LO drinking from a cup, it is better for them so I would encourage it sooner rather than later.

AJ refuses to take milk from a cup. Infact he refuses any cup apart from the Tommee Tippie first cup atm.
He has a bottle morning and evening so I'm not too bothered. Hopefully he'll take to a cup in the future.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->