Bottles

K

KiansMummy

My little boy is 15months and still waking several times in the night for a bottle. He has between 6oz and 9oz before bed and falls asleep using the bottle. Then during the night he has sometimes a full 9oz bottle and then another 4/5 oz. Id like to try cutting them out, but i know he likes the teat as a soother as well as his dummy which he has.Its not like he is hungry, he has 3 proper meals during the day plus 2 snacks in between breakfast and dinner, and dinner and tea. I just think he uses it as a comfort, andy advice? Cos surely now at 15 months, he should have cut the bottles out???? x

It could well be habit that's making him wake up. Although i does depend on how much milk he's having during the day. Other than the 6-9oz before bed, what does he have during the day?

Have you tried offering water instead of the milk?

He has milk with his cereal in the morning and then he has a drink of milk with his snacks, during the day i offer him water or sometimes juice to drink. I tried once putting water in his bottle for the middle of the night when he woke, but he just got all worked up about it. x

my zak started wakening in the night for a bottle sometimes once sometimes twice a night, so i started giving him a snack at bedtime, usualy weetabix and he stays down all nyt so for him it realy was hunger, it might be for ur son too? is he on ordinary cows milk or formula? i found wen i swaped from formula to cows milk this made he more hungry x

Wow that must be hard work...well done you!

It took me a while to get Dewi off night time bottles but I did it by gradually reducing what I was offering than offering only water then not offering anything just a little pat on the bum there there kind of thing.

You could go pretty sleepless for a few nights and go all out cold turkey, he dioesnt need it at this point if he's eating well.

i would ditch the bottle completly. 15 months he could have a cup durring the day and he might actually be waking up becasue he needs the bottle to soothe himself which might not be great as he gets older

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->