Bouncer vs moses basket!

ladybrock

first time mummy
Reaction score
I think my lo suffering form acid reflux. Got him on gaviscon but not working great.

Today hes hiccuping n fussing after feeds.

He will easily go to sleep in his bouncer but will not lay down and go to sleep in moses basket unless hes asleep already.

Coild this be due to the reflux or is it something else im dong wrong?

It's probably the reflux. Can you try tilting the Moses basket so it's not completely flat? Reflux babies are more comfortable when they aren't flat.

my baby wont go to sleep herself in her moses basket. saying that she never goes to sleep unless she is rocked/fed to sleep first. my lg also hiccups a lot but i dont think she has reflux. does he cry when being burped, fed etc i know my lg just loves to fight sleep so maybe its not reflux and he is overtired....can make them v fussy i have noticed!

He crys after a feed and when he has hiccups, he arches his back to and is generaly insettled after a feed.

I have the basket raised and he can sleep in at times

Before gaviscon he ised to always be sick when we laid him down so we sat him in bouncer after meals to help milk go down and he used to fall asleep.

I now think he thinks thats where he sleeps

Try keeping baby bolt upright for 30 mins after a feed before you try lying him down

ok i wasnt going to share, as this is very kooky, but since thomas has been on formula he has had

constipation, - resolved with comfort milk
hiccups, coughs during a feed, grunting when flat especially after a feed and his tummy was so hard after a feed it was like a tiny tears dolls tummy

after various medical opinions all contradicting each other we tried cranial osteopathy, like i said very kooky, was very sceptical at first, but 2 hours in and he has gone from a hard tummy to a soft and sqidgy one, he slept for 6 hours last night and is more relaxed. im not one to throw things down peoples necks, and i know some people havent had good results if you do want to know more about it look on you tube or have a google, im now able to feed him in one go without having to stop every ounce, and wind is now coming up a treat.

if not i found a website that sold stuff for reflux babies https://www.babyreflux.co.uk/

Hmm sounds interesting! Feeding is so hard atm. Especialy the winding

yes i found my self taking an hour to feed him then i would still be getting bubbles out an hour later then it was time to feed him again , now its a couple of taps and its out

Yep, it'll be the reflux hun. My lo is 5 months now and has only recently been managing to sleep the odd hour in his cot (now that I'm in the process of switching to formula to help him). He's always slept in his bouncer - and even then not very well... Have you seen your dr or health visitor lately? Gaviscon alone would only be used to treat quite mild reflux but sounds like you might need something else too. My lb is on gaviscon & ranitidine. He also has a dairy allergy which is very common alongside reflux. I've been off dairy for the last 3 months so if you're breast feeding, I'd definitely recommend trying this. Or if you're formula feeding, try a dairy free formula - on prescription - we have nutramigen. Ds also suffers a lot of pain/discomfort which we are swing a paediatrician for, but it seems to be just linked to the allergy & reflux... Sorry to go on, lol, but we've had a horrendous 5 months so any way I can help others....

ok i wasnt going to share, as this is very kooky, but since thomas has been on formula he has had

constipation, - resolved with comfort milk
hiccups, coughs during a feed, grunting when flat especially after a feed and his tummy was so hard after a feed it was like a tiny tears dolls tummy

after various medical opinions all contradicting each other we tried cranial osteopathy, like i said very kooky, was very sceptical at first, but 2 hours in and he has gone from a hard tummy to a soft and sqidgy one, he slept for 6 hours last night and is more relaxed. im not one to throw things down peoples necks, and i know some people havent had good results if you do want to know more about it look on you tube or have a google, im now able to feed him in one go without having to stop every ounce, and wind is now coming up a treat.

if not i found a website that sold stuff for reflux babies https://www.babyreflux.co.uk/

I have been so tempted to try this. my baby is so unsettled with wind and infacol etc dont work. B was born by c section as she was breach and she had a lot of moulding on het skull so i really hope this might help to settle her. how many treatments so they recommend for yours boy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->