Bowels cleaning out before labor?

TattooedMama

Bubba, Daddy & Belly
Reaction score
A question for those who have experienced this in previous pregnancies. When your bowels cleaned out, were you just having several bowel movements or was it diarrhea? Kind of a yucky subject but I'm curious LoL.

Im curious as well Im pretty early but my bowel movements have definetly been off lately...

Mine have been getting softer and more frequent so I am waiting for this answer too

Oh how amazing we are now comparing poo haha

Mine have been getting softer and more frequent so I am waiting for this answer too

Eh, why not?! We compare everything else LoL:haha:

Eh, why not?! We compare everything else LoL:haha:

Well from my 1st pregnancy my waters broke first then within 10 mins i was on the toilets with severe plops for a good few minutes, that was it until i had bubs.:thumbup:

I keep having to make hasty journies to the littlest room - my bowels are definitely having a life of their own right now :wacko:

my MIL swears that she knew she was about to go into labor with each of her 4 kids several days beforehand as she had intense diarrhea!

my MIL swears that she knew she was about to go into labor with each of her 4 kids several days beforehand as she had intense diarrhea!

Mum says the same, she had sickness and diarrhea!!

Last time for me before labour started I went to the loo about 6-7 times for poos, they started off normal and slowly became diarhoea then at the end there wasn't really anything coming out.

My son was born on a monday, on the sat and sun I went to the loo a LOT more than usual! I was getting worried so I asked a friend who had kids and she said the same thing happened to her so maybe something was starting, and she was right :) x

Has anyone NOT had this? I only ask because it seems as if this is the one clue that I am waiting for to let me know I'm getting close. I'm ignoring strong BH, pains and cramps and just waiting for the clearout lol!

I actually never had this. I remember it had actually been a few days since I'd gone #2- it made me worried I'd explode during labor, but I didn't! lol

i had very bad whinnies the day before i had my dd.. it was horrid. just thought i would share that with u lovely ladies lol

Has anyone NOT had this? I only ask because it seems as if this is the one clue that I am waiting for to let me know I'm getting close. I'm ignoring strong BH, pains and cramps and just waiting for the clearout lol!

I dont remember having it with my son at all. I seem to be having bowel movements more frequently the last few days so thats why I asked about it :flower:

I didn't have it with my other two, I had it twice so far so I thought maybe... As my diarrhea was followed by some intense bh. Still preggers here.

I just posted a thread about this!! And now I see this one!! I was wondering the same thing!! I have went this entire pregnancy with SEVERE constipation and all of a sudden I spent 2 or 3 days going several times a day, easily. And now I have diarrhea....very strange for me so I was wondering if something is going on!!

with my last pregnancys they just became more regular than the normal and very soft ... i have noticed that mine are becoming like this now so hope its soon.....

with my last pregnancys they just became more regular than the normal and very soft ... i have noticed that mine are becoming like this now so hope its soon.....

This is what I noticed the last several days...just more often and soft. This morning has been a bit different but nothing severe. I just read that it's when your body starts releasing prostoglandin that causes the change in BM. I still have a few weeks so I'm not sure but I hope for you that it is sooooon!!!

I'm 36 weeks and have gone from constant constipation through my pregnancy to going 3 times a day - weird :wacko:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->