boy after 2 girls

sunshine523

Reaction score
From what I have read, a majority of people would be hoping for a boy after two girls. I thought I was, too. Until Saturday when I found out that it WAS a boy. I am one of those people who hates change. As soon as the tech said it was a boy, I felt something turn in the pit of my stomach. I couldn't help the rest of the day thinking that this was "it" for my 15 month olds pink accent wall in her room, all of her cute frilly dresses and skirts (a lot of which have been passed down from my other daughter who is 6). My girls will be moving into the same room since baby is a boy they will always share a room unless we move into a house with 4 bedrooms. In my mind, I had it all planned out that my younger daughter and the new baby (had she been a girl) would end up sharing a room once my older daughter got to the age where she needed her "space". now I feel like every thought and plan I had was shattered. I feel terrible thinking this way. It's not that I'm not happy- I guess I just don't know what to expect.
To top it off - the night after we found out, we went to a bbq where a lady was telling me how boys are hard and how she never slept and they aren't neurologically at the same level as girls and that's why most have problems sleeping. She was on a rant. My head was spinning.
Anyhow, I hope this passes. I was going to try to go shopping for some blue stuff and maybe that would help. :cry:

Ok the person who said that about boys is wrong! She must have had bad luck. My son slept through with no problems since he was 6 weeks old.
Even now he's asleep by 7:30pm and naps perfectly.

He's a happy little soul and couldn't be more perfect. He's never naughty.

If anything I've heard girls are harder! And are right divas!

Little boys are amazing. And your girls will love having a little brother to protect

As for the rooms I understand, but maybe one day this will solve on its own xxx

That person clearly has no brains in her head, boys are awesome! I have two of them.
My brother is 100% smarter then I am. I really hate the disregard some people give little boys! My boys are now 3 and 4 years old sleep right through and have done for a long whole now. Both still nap during the day as well :) even as newborns they only woke 1-2 times a night. Every child is different, regardless!
I understand where you are coming from, being used to two little girls then having the thought of 'what do I do with a boy' is quite scary, and to be honest it's not much different when they are little. You can still do an amazingly cute room for a little boy :)
:hugs:

Just to say, I have a boy and 2 girls and the boy is by far easier than the girls :)

What a horrid thing to say about boys! I can't believe how insensitive that is, did she know you're expecting s boy? All I can say is sorry you feel that way, I guess after 2 girls you were probably expecting another. Don't worry it will all be great, it takes you a while to adjust. I'm having my second boy my first is gorgeous and slept through the night from 6 months so what a lot of nonsense! You are going to adore him

Boys are fab!!

Don't know about comparing them to girls and surely its the individual child silly woman!! For every hard boy story there will be an equal hard girl one.

My son is a nightmare, there I said it. Terrible sleeper still at 20 months. Tantrums over anything and is hard work, has been since the day he entered the world. Wouldn't change him though as he's all mine and I love him xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->