Boy names..... Cant pick one!

BurtonBaby

Reaction score
DH and I can not decide on a boys name. With Erica we couldn't choose either until right before she was born, but we had some ideas! When I was pregnant with her, had she been a boy we would have called her Aidan Christopher. So we considered that this time, however our last name is Burton, and Aidan Burton sounds a little odd.. So we have temporarily disregarded Aidan. We considered Joshua since I have always loved the name, and have my hubs middle name as babys middle name. So Joshua Andrew Burton. It sounds pretty good, but then remembered that I have a very creepy and odd cousin with Joshua as a middle name and I want nothing with my son associated with that cousin. So now I'm considering Christopher Andrew Burton, but Chris is a very common name here, and although I think it sounds nice, I'm not sure if its too common. What do you girls think? Or does anyone have any suggestions? If we keep Andrew then I def want a 3 syllable since Andrew and Burton are both only 2. Thanks for any advice, I feel like we cant figure anything out, and have excluded our families from helping choose since we had problems with people being way too pushy and even mean with Erica. (Even going as far as sending a baby present addressed to Lily after she was born and named Erica!!!! :hissy: )

I think chris is less common now.
I know when I was in school, I had probably 2 Chris' in my class each year! But I don't hear as many people naming their babies Chris these days!

I definitely don't blame you for not wanting to involve people if they took it to that extreme.

What about Andrew Christopher?
That way it's not his first name, but you still get names you like!

I know exactly what you mean, I struggled last time with boys names but luckily I had a girl! If this little one is a boy I'm in trouble, I have a girls name all picked out and everything!

I am personally struggling ALOT with baby boys names too.

But I have found these two sites somewhat helpful:

https://www.nymbler.com/

https://www.babynamewizard.com/namipedia/advanced-name-finder - has a great search engine

I actually dont think Christopher is as common anymore it was when I was born I know but now the most common names for babies that I would stay away from are Jayden, Aiden, Addison and Maddison it just seems those are the most picked names here in the US or where Im at anyway. I like the name Christopher and think you would be safe with that one as most are going for more of what I call modern names these days. I like the name you have picked :)

Thanks girls! I guess Christopher isn't as common anymore huh? When I was in school there were tons of Chris's. Christopher Andrew or Andrew Christopher will def be in the running, although DH doesn't sound too excited. :dohh:

I like Andrew Christopher the best :)

Both names are much less common now, compared to when we were younger

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"