boy or girl

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Second Trimester' started by redz, Oct 21, 2008.

1. redz

redz Member

hi guys does anyone no of any old wives tales to tell if u havin a boy or girl i have one of each but still dying to know!!!
    thanks

2. pookies24feb09

pookies24feb09 Sally - Evies mama <3

a week ago, my friend did the wedding ring on a bit of string test and it said I was having a girl... and so far its right.... providing i dont give birth to a boy... the Chinese lunar calendar was right for me too (so far) :)

3. mummymadness

mummymadness Mummy to 4

The low heartrate like a train was right for me , And the ring test allso .
    Chinese calendar got all my kids wrong lol . xx .

4. katieandbump

katieandbump Well-Known Member

Well i was SURE i was having a boy from gut instinct even though all the signs/wives tales were saying it was a girl such as..... my bump being all up front and carrying high, that the heartbeat was 160 well over 140, so its making me wonder now the signs were true for us. Could be coincidence. xx

5. MUMOF5

MUMOF5 Now a mum of 6!

The slower heartrate for boys and faster heartbeatr for girls has been true for me. It is also said that with girls you have a sweeter appetite and boys more savoury. This too has been true everytime for me. xx

6. Jus

Jus New mum!

LO's hearbeat was 150-155 and it's a boy so that didn;t work for me. But, I am carrying very low so that works. I also found I'd gone off chocolate and other sweet stuff and started craving savoury things, especially sandwiches - does that signify anything?! I know lots of men claim not to like chocolate (but then eat it anyway...), so perhaps that's why I went off it??!!

7. pennysbored

pennysbored Well-Known Member

Well, my little girl had a has a heart rate from 140 to 150, I do like my sweets, but I always was more into that than savoury. I am carrying high-ish, and definitely tight.
    But I swore I was having a boy...All the old wives tales were about 50/50 for me, so really...

8. lolly101

lolly101 Well-Known Member

I've also heard craving orange juice its a girl. If your OH is putting on weight too its a girl! If you nails are growing really fast its a boy. My chinese gender chart, the old wives tales and the wedding ring trick all say girl...I'm staying team yellow tho so it's another 20 weeks til I know if they are true or not!!!

9. cybermum

cybermum MUM TO 2 BOYS.

The chinese calendar got it right with both my boys and my sister-in-laws 4 kids.
    With my boys I hated sweet stuff,craved meat,carbs and all savoury foods.
    And I carried low with both.

This time I am right off all meat,pasta,carbs etc
    And can't get enough of orane juice and fruit,oh and I am starting to dream of hot chocolate and carrot cake...LOL

And I don't know what it is but I am drawn to girl clothes,colours etc in shops
    With my boys I was drawn to boy clothes from the start ad didn't even wander to the girl sections.

10. mrscookie

mrscookie Mama and expecting

The ring thing worked for me, the way I carry indicates girl, my babies hb is above 140 which indicates girl, and sounds like a horse. Overall I'd say they were pretty acurate, the only none acurate one was morning sickness-only had it in the mornings :)
    xx

11. danni2609

danni2609 Guest

My Lo has the faster heartbeat and im carrying at the front in a ball and the ring test worked for me