Boy's name for a girl?

Cattia

Reaction score
We have a name George our baby if it's a boy (which we are almost certain it is as we think we saw some bits on the scan even though we are team yellow).

However if we do have a girl, we aren't sure - we both really like the name Rowan for a girl, but do you think people would assume it was a boy's name?

I don't think it should matter. Our little girl is going to be named Charley, which although spelled differently, is very much a boys name.

If celebrities can name their children after fruit, or give them names like Prince 1 and Prince 2, then we should be able to name our girls with "boys" names imo.

my friends little girl is called Georgie, it's lovely for her :D

Morgan is used for boys and girls but that didnt put me off :)

I have a friend called Rowan, she is a girl! Tbh I didn't even know it was 'meant' to be s boy's name when I met her. I'm not really sure how plant names can have a gender.

I have a friend called Rowan, she is a girl! Tbh I didn't even know it was 'meant' to be s boy's name when I met her. I'm not really sure how plant names can have a gender.

I think it's because I was thinking of Rowan Attkinson!

I think it's personal choice i have a little girl called Ashten, weve never met another one & it really suits her maybe u could adapt the spelling to make it feel more girly? xx

I like it, and I defo think its a unisex name. I love unisex names, hence my daughter being called simpily Alex.

i think it's a unisex name, not typical for either boy or girl, i like it for both

My sister is called Georgia, we call her George :)

I know 1 boy and 2 girl rowans

Rowan is a great name for a girl & is the name of a female character in an Anne Rice book.

Do u know what,all the boys names I wouldn't pick for a boy I LOVE for a girl.James,Ryan,Toni,Reece,dani,the list goes on.if u want that name u go for it Hun xx

I like Rowan better for a girl. Connor would have been Rowan if he was a girl! I saw the name for a female character in an Anne Rice book, and fell in love with it!

I would actually assume that Rowan would be a girl. I think it's very pretty.

i love boys names for girls, might be something to do with being a Jo myself!!!

we really liked Jamie but have decided to go with Jess . . .. i really like tommi for a girl (maybe next time!)

i like Rowan - isn't it welsh??? x

I think Rowan for a little girl is lovely. I know someone who named their little girl Sydney, which I absolutely love!

You do whatever you want to do, don't worry about other people x x

I myself did not know that Rowan was a boys name at all. My name is Billie, and growing up, it could be a little annoying, but for the most part, people didn't focus on it being a boys name, they were happier to sing Michael Jacksons Billie Jean is not my lover to me. But now that I am older, I like my name because there are not many women with it. Although there are a lot of men named Billy. When I go to the doctor, most people that call me back in the office, are looking for a male to respond, and I stand up instead. Over all it hasn't been to bad though, so if you like it, go with it. It is difficult to choose names that both of you agree on. We knew that if we had a daughter her first name would be Trinity, but we couldn't decide on the middle name, and it took a very long time for us to agree on a boys name. Just say it out loud, and see how it sounds to you. My husband didn't like the name we chose for our son, until I said it out loud, and then he loved it and wouldn't consider anything else for him. Mason...some people like it, some people ask if he will be building brick houses, but I don't care, cuz we like it and that is all that matters.

My daughters name is Parker. There are VERY few girl with that name and alot of ppl say him/he when talking about parker if they dont really know her. Even my OBGYN (who delivered her!) has mistakenly called her a him/he once or twice!! lmao. I dont care. Im currently pregnant with another girl and her name is going to be Camrynn (boys version would probably be Camren or Kamren?) ::))

I have got a Charlie girl! And its the typical boys spelling but i love it and dont care! People always so he or him after i say her name even tho she is in bright pink!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->