Bp issues :(

Ellivort

Reaction score
Today at work I started to feel off and had a nurse take my bp.

#1 138/90
#2 140/82

Taken 15m apart. I am certainly overweight which is why I am religious monitoring both sugar and bp. Generally my BP has ran around 123-125/80-82. I've never had an issue with high BP outside of pregnancy, or in my last pregnancy.

I saw my OB last Tues and BP was ok he said.

I had a weekend of higher sodium, less water and more sweets (holiday weekend indulgence)

I just wondered if its possible these higher BPS are just temporary? Or once they are high they stay high or get higher?

Happy to hear any experiences.

Thankfully I am seeing my endocrinologist tomorrow and although she isn't an OB I am sure she can discuss my BP concerns. My next OB appt isn't until Oct. 12.

I have bp readings at my last three apps around 130/88 +/- , there are so many reasons it could be high.

Anxiety, high salt intake, stress, etc...just keep an eye on it, if it doesn't go down it'll definitely be something you wanna bring up to you dr

Holiday over indulgence can definitely move the needle higher on your BP. After a BBQ of terrible stuff (pre-pregnancy) my BP went up to like 140, it went down to normal a few days later. Soooo much salt. :blush:

I'm a nurse and I don't think those BPs are very high, considering there are so many things that affect blood pressure. I would just keep an eye on it for now and let your obgyn know the next time you see her. My systolic is usually in the low 100s and 90s but I've checked it at work before and it was 140.

I didn't quite realize it until the end of the day, but I definitely was feeling a lot of anxiety over my daughters first day of Gr.2. It was the 1st year I didn't take her to school (hubby did). By the time 3pm rolled around I was an anxious mess to find out how her day was and if she was in a split 2/3 and what teacher she had.

I feel much better today. I also drank a lot more water and dropped 2 lbs water weight so I'm feeling better about the situation and thinking it was isolated. I am going to have the endo take my BP at her office t his afternoon and see how it is.

Thanks for the advice and reassurances

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"