bra fitting places......

amylw1

my 3 boys in avatar. x
Reaction score
hi,

went into mothercare yesterday as i am starting to fall out of my 38D bras. the lady "measured me" and promptly said "i know what the problem is the bra your wearing is far too big" - i loked at her and asked "WHAT SIZE I SHOULD HAVE?" she ummmed and arrred and came back to the fitting room with a 34B!! :rofl: i havnt been a 34B since i was pregnant with my eldest whose nearly 7!

well i said i would try it (i knew it wasnt going to fit!) well i called the lady back and showed her - boobs not even in the cups and the back bit not even near my back. her face was a picture - especially as she was still convinced that was the size i needed. (she wasnt a young sales assisstant but late 50's). i said thanks and that i would go elsewhere.

anyway m&s is across the road so i went over there - told the lady the problem and what size i'm falling out of she said it sounds like i need a 40E. didnt pick up a measure or even ask me to "show her" in fitting room. took the 40E and its huge! (no offense to anyone that is this size). when i came out she asked how i had got on, so i told her and she said "that 40E is the next size up from 38D".

so after a very funny afternoon, i came home with my boobs still hanging out the sides of my 38D's! does anyone know any other shops that can do meansuring or what size bra is best to try? i thought DD but i dont know.

we have a la senza.... but they often bully you into buying one... and they are very very very expensive! I am gonna have to get fitted for a new bra soon too as I am spilling out!!

:hugs:

I'm going to get measured for nursing bras soon as I defo think I have changed since I last got measured a few months back. I was thinking maybe debenhams (they are expensive I kno) but found them to be really good in the past with accuracy etc, then just buy the bras elsewhere! Its not an easy task as every place the sizes slightly vary! Or failing that was going to try maybe mothercare or something?

try lookin on ere https://www.marksandspencer.com/gp/node/n/47648031

38dd does seem the next size up for you, try measuring yourself then you have a better idea x

mothercare are crap she messured me at a b-c i was a e cup daft cow lol!

marks and spencers are suposed to be good :)

I have never had much luck with M&S!! Especially if you have a small back and biggish cup. The lady you saw sounds absolutely hopeless!! I found some of the big department stores very much better - House of Fraser, Selfridges in London are excellent. Rigby and Peller are brilliant (but hugely expensive - have only ever been there once but got the most fantastic bras - would say that's a one off really - maybe get someone to give you a gift if at all poss??). Not sure about John Lewis - but could be worth a try. Roger Sayle in Cambridge are good. The main thing is to get fitted for the right size - you can then go off and get the bras more cheaply somewhere else...

went to debenhams last week and they were good- at first i was a bit worried at the lack of a tape measure actually and she brought out this tiny bra! but then she went back and got loads of different sizes and I tried them all till we got the perfect size. and there was a sale on so thats even better!!

I think it depends on which area you live in as to how crappy the service is. I have always gone to M&S and haven't had any problems. I am usually a 34dd but my nursing bras are going to have to be a 36E or F. eek.

I was gonna go to m&s tomorrow, i'll give them a go.

How much are nurseing bras??

I bought a pack of 2 from M&3 for around £20, they aren't the prettiest of things though. Maybe you could get your size then buy them on the internet. I have bought those 2 for now until i am sure they are the correct size then I plan to buy some from the internet.

thanks for replies - there is no debenhams or house of fraser or la sensa near me. i went and spoke to my neighbour after dropping son at school and she said about this shop in spalding (20mins drive from us) that are really helpful, said if i had a fiver to stick fuel in her car she'd take me.

well we went, the lady was lovely - never even got a tape measure out - looked at me in the bra i had on and said i would say you need a 36DD, went and got me a 36DD but it was abit tight round so she got the 38DD - fits lovely! :) advised me to go back 6 weeks after LO is born to be re-fitted as i'm not BF. i asked why she doesnt use a tape to measure etc and she said she has been in the lingerie business since she was 17 (i'd say she was in her 50's) and the day she needs a tape measure to get a bra size correct is the day she will leave the business! all her staff are trained the way she was and they dont use tapes either.

i will definately be going back there. i did buy 3 bras at £32 total, which i didnt think was too bad, i couldnt afford it but need them. and they are all playtex. IF you are local to spalding (lincolnshire way), i would advise to go there.

I'd used M&S for many years but last year I was looking for a bra for under a strapless dress and it needed to be comfy so I tried Debs. I was wearing a 36C and the woman took one look at my back and said I was nowhere near a 36 back and would be a 32. Bear in mind I'm a size 14 so to fit a 32" back seemed incredible. She reckoned a DD cup and measured to confirm. So from a 36C to a 32DD! She told me it would be tight on the back, but would need 'broken in' after all you don't buy shoes two sizes too big because they are tight at first. I thought it was a good analogy lol.

Went in yesterday and explained that I am tender so to be careful measuring. She said that was absolutely fine, told me how to make sure the wires wouldn't interfere with the milk ducts and brought me a few bras to try on.

One was a perfect fit at the D and the other was a DD. She brought me the £6 bra which comes in white, skintone and black as she reckoned I wouldn't want to be spending money on bras that I'll only be using for a few months.

I'd highly recommend debenhams but like everything I guess it depends on the person you get.

It entirely depends on the member of staff you get in all these stores imo. I'm a trained bra fitter and know some colleagues who are great amd some I wouldnt let near me.

if you are a 38D and feel they are too small in the cup try a 38DD or if it is too small around your back try a 40C which is equivalent in cup size to a 38D (hope that makes sense).

For nursing bras its hard to estimate, but we normally advise to drop a band size and buy a bra that fits on the loosest while being pregnant (37+ weeks) and once baby is here you can then wear it on middle or tightest hooks

i dont plan on bf-ing so nursing bras are not really an issue. as i put in 1st post, m&s answer on next size seemed abit strange as i know cups go DD, E, etc and i thought the DD would be next on list, which from what has been posted above and result of today's shopping i am right.

Debenhams or M&S have always been good for me. Guess it depends on your local one though.

Thank you guys! I'm only 6 weeks but seriously falling out of my 36DDs - I am kind of scared of the parachutes I'll have to get...

Thank you guys! I'm only 6 weeks but seriously falling out of my 36DDs - I am kind of scared of the parachutes I'll have to get...

Be careful though you may find that you boobs go back to to their normal size again. Mine did after about 3 months and are slightly bigger now and I am 40 weeks.

I used to go to M&S but found they just didn't do the job .. started going to Bravissimo and have never looked back. No tape measures, just looking at you and the bra you're wearing, and working from there. It was there that I learned that different manufacturers mean different fit - I love Bravissimo. :hugs:

Even if you don't have one near you their website is worth a look - they've got great info on how to make sure you're wearing the right size, plus if your bra is pinching or nipping, how to know whether to go up a cup size or a back size. Brilliant.

https://www.bravissimo.com/

I won't go anywhere else - and for those of us who have big boobs (me) they have some really pretty styles. :)

Here's their perfect fit guide :) https://www.bravissimo.com/perfectfit/

I deffo would go to Bravissimo. They are very goot at fitting the right bra :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->