bras, bras, bras ...

sunshine114

Reaction score
Does anyone know is it ok to just buy a bigger bra in the style I usually have? Or is there a specific type I should have? It's only early on for me, but I am busting out of the ones I have :thumbup: so need something!

i just bought bigger ones in my normal underwires stlye but im not sure if theres a 'type' i should buy x

I read someplace or heard, that the underwire isn't good if you are going to breast feed. It can block some of your ducts.

Underwire is fine and just buy what you want to. I bought some nursing bra's after a while and found them extremely comfortable. I bought them at Target and they weren't that expensive.

I've been warned off underwiring. I need to buy some new ones too so am just going to go to M&S and throw myself on their knowledge!

Everything I have ever seen has warned against underwire - maybe it is worth asking your midwife. I am guessing it's not as much of a prob in first tri but as you get closer I think it is more important x

Thatks, might just buy some cheap ones until I see her in a few weeks x

Ok so ladies I BF my DD for the first 13months of her life and I have huge, @@'s and they didn't tell me not to buy underwire bra's! Infact they sold BF bra's with underwire.

Go ask who ever and do what your going to but it's a bunch of bunk to say underwire bra's aren't good.

I haven't bought any new ones yet...but I can't picture myself wearing a bra without an underwire. I have big boobs to begin with and I need support. I don't want them bouncing all over the place. Although, I do have an awesome sports bra that I wear to the gym that gives great support...no underwire, but more of a very thick elastic band type thing, but heavy duty compared to most normal bras lol.

i stopped wearing underwired bras in the middle of the second tri, mainly beacsue when i was sat in the car for ages the wire was digging into my bump

noraml non wired or even a decent sports bra will do though, there is no need to be 'sold' into buying maternity bras as they really done do anything different to an underwired bra, much later if you are breastfeeding then you will need to look into getting nursing bras, but no point buying them till you are about to have the lo anyway coz boobs will change a lot

i never buy nursing bras until about 2 weeks after baby arrives, that way boobs have settled

Read somewhere that underwired maternity bras use a "soft wire", instead of the hard metallic ones. My boobs aren't big yet, but I was kind of feeling uncomfortable on my old wired bras. So I bought a regular pair of non wired bras at M&S.

I bought my normal bra (without underwire) in a bigger size :)

Ok so ladies I BF my DD for the first 13months of her life and I have huge, @@'s and they didn't tell me not to buy underwire bra's! Infact they sold BF bra's with underwire.

Go ask who ever and do what your going to but it's a bunch of bunk to say underwire bra's aren't good.

it was my midwife and the nurse at the epu who told me not to wear underwired bras...it doesnt always cause problems but it can block some of the milk ducts as they are forming, its just a precaution, doesnt always mean if you wear them you will end up with blocked tubes. My auntie was told the exact same 5 years ago from her midwife and so was my friend who is 22 weeks pregnant....all ive done just now is take the underwire outta the bras that still fit me n tightened the straps a bit x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->