Bras...

JumpingIn

Mummy+TTC#2
Reaction score
I'm having a boob dilemma :dohh:

So pre-pregnancy I was a 34D on a size 8 frame. It's ridiculous, I already had boobs that were too big for my body. Now they've grown (not sure by how much yet as I haven't measured) and are naturally sore and all my usual wire bras are really pinching and hurting...

What do I do!? :blush: I don't really want to go and get measured up again only to find they grow again a week later...Plus, what style do I get that wont hurt?

I really can't get away with anything without at least some real support as my boobs stand out so much :nope: I also dislike the squishy feeling you get with sports bras.

Are maternity bras this early an option? What even are maternity bras? Do they give adequate support?

Help a newbie!

You're probably thinking it's breast not to say anything...

Looool! Funny comment!

Well I was naturally 34E and now I'm buying 34GG bras! I've started buying normal underwired bras in this size but when I was around 12 weeks, I bought a range of maternity bras because they come in general sizes e.g. Small, Medium and Large. I just went for large. That's the biggest I would get and it's contained my expanding boobs so far! I really do dislike maternity bras because they offer no support whatsoever and don't hold up my boobs hence why I've started buying 34GG normal bras with proper support. It's up to you really. I say by maternity bras for now (like a pack of 2/3) then later on in your pregnancy when you know your boobs have fully grown, get remeasured and buy a normal bra? x

I do like a good pun! :D

I'd say if you're a size 8 you're probably not a 34D to start with. For comparison, I'm a UK 16/18 and I wear a 32GG bra (not as humongous as it sounds!)

I always recommend checking out /r/abrathatfits on reddit, they have a really handy size calculator linked in the sidebar which is actually quite accurate. Once you have a better idea of the size you should be wearing it'll be easier to find a comfy bra. To be honest I have no idea what makes a maternity bra a maternity bra, but I'd just look for one with wide straps, well padded underwires (I can't go without, you may be able to though?) and lightly padded cups (I feel that helps immensely when it comes to support and shape) think t-shirt bras. If you're worried about your boobs growing more you can go up a size in either cup or band, but don't do both at the same time or you'll end up with a too big and uncomfy bra. I'd probably opt for a bigger band as your ribcage can expand a bit during pregnancy (especially later on obviously) then if your boobs do grow a huge amount you can always get a cheapy one for the last few months. To be honest in the last trimester I just started wearing a non-wired nursing bra because I just wasn't comfy in anything else any more...so my boobs looked like crap for a few months, but they felt alright and I was happy (and by that time the bump distracts from your boobage anyway)

DO NOT TRUST ANYONE MEASURING YOU FOR A BRA! They all just want to sell you something, so if you measure outside the sizes they have on hand they'll just give you whatever and tell you it fits. Again, /r/abrathatfits is great for advice on how to tell whether or not a bra fits you right. I love them! :D

I'm a similar size to you UK size 8-10 and bra size 32d. On the other hand I love my sports bras so I've just been wearing them. I find underwire uncomfortable so won't be buying those. Last pregnancy I wore nursing bras, this time I think I'll stick with sports bras as I'd like to keep working out as long as possible. Maybe try another type of sports bra?

I've been wearing sports bras through out my whole pregnancy. They gave me full coverage, and comfortable to wear. I tried to wear one of my underwire bras early on, and it hurt so bad, that I quickly put those away.

I'm a 32DD and had the worst time finding bras with my first pregnancy. I have found that I just need to find a full coverage bra with little padding and a soft material. Underwires don't bother me but they do make a wide range of wireless bras now that do offer support. It just takes some shopping around! I never had luck with mateenity bras. I did find some racerback nursing bras that were from Target. They didn't look very supportive but they really are and so comfy. Only downside is they do kind of look like sports bras so you can't wear them with everything. Anyway. Shop around, double check your size! Good luck! Hopefully not much boob growing to come lol.

Hehe...

I was a 32DDD/E (US/UK). I went up to a 36G/F while pregnant. Shortly after deliver I was a 36H/FF. I went down to a 34H/FF for a long time, then lost weight, and was in a 32I/G. If I had not gotten pregnant, I think I really would have needed a 30J/GG. That is what I'm wearing now....(32I/G)

You want to make sure your band fits well, it is what provides the support. I was (approx) a UK 16-18 when I was wearing a 34 band. Now I'm (approx) a UK size 10-12 and wear a 32 band, but would be in a 30 if not pregnant. I am concerned at a size 8, you really need a smaller band. It will take the load off, quite literally.

You really made me laugh when you said a 34D were too big for your body, you really did :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->