Bras

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Second Trimester' started by SmartieMeUp, Jun 3, 2011.

1. SmartieMeUp

SmartieMeUp Mum of 2 girls.

I've only grown a cup size from 34B to 34C (atm) but I'm finding it hard to find a bra that actually fits me perfectly.
    Tried different types, and it always seems that my nipples are on show/fall out. Ones which are comfortable to wear are balconette, but I can't wear breast pads with them as 1/2 of the pads show at the top, if I align them properly, where as if I put them to the bottom of the bra, they don't cover my nipples. Any one having the same issue?

2. bmuir11207

bmuir11207 Mother of 2 girls

are you looking at maternity or nursing bras? maybe you need a fuller cover cup

3. seoj

seoj Our family of four...

Ugh bras! lol.... I've yet to find one in my size that is comfy. I can still (barely) squeeze into my 36-D one from before I was prego, but they are not as comfy anymore since I really need a cup bigger... the full coverage ones tend to feel a bit "too much" so I've been wearing some very comfy breast feeding (haha) sports bra's I found at Motherhood Maternity. They have smaller straps and extra padding and are super comfy! I'm sure I'll have to buy a bigger size once my milk actually comes in- but for right now they are perfect.

Maybe try a maternity store in your area? I may check out Victoria Secret when I have time as they actually carry larger cup sizes in a variety of styles... unlike some other stores I've tried.

Best of luck!!!!

4. bmuir11207

bmuir11207 Mother of 2 girls

I went to Target to get a bigger size and they do not carry 36 DD grr guess i am now on a bra hunt

5. SmartieMeUp

SmartieMeUp Mum of 2 girls.

It's hard to find a maternity/nursing bras which looks pretty yet a reasonable price. And with it being warm weather over here, I don't want too much coverage in case of sweating.

What if I was to go one cup size bigger preferably smaller on the back? Would it be too spacious?

6. _simo_

_simo_ Well-Known Member

I've given up on bras! I am huge now so have to wear tight vests instead to hold me in but it beats having to deal with the itching!! Grrr x

7. Lozzy_Loo

Lozzy_Loo Well-Known Member

ive struggled with this aswell as ive got quite large boobies and find it hard to find a decent priced one.
    ive ended up with a £4 t shirt bra from asda :S not amazingly comfortable but better than my boobies hanging out everywhere

8. sallymuffin

sallymuffin Well-Known Member

Bra's are a nightmare! I've already had to puchase new bra's in 2 larger sizes and now I've outgrown the ones I've got. I just seem to keep growing and growing. I'm half tempted to try and get one that is too big so I can grow into it, I'm going to have spent a fortune on them by the time I've had this baby!!!!!!

9. Flake-y

Flake-y Proud mama & pregnant!

Ugh, finding a decent bra is a nightmare! I got a couple of maternity bras the other day, but the lack of underwiring doesn't seem to hold mine up very well!!! They'll be down to my knees in a few months!!! Plus, they've gone up to a ridiculous size that I won't be able to find anywhere.

10. jenny82

jenny82 Well-Known Member

I have 3 hot milk bras from last time around and they are still fab. Really amazing support for not being wired bras and quite pretty too :). I have only one regular bra that fits anymore so am glad i held onto those!

11. Zooy

Zooy Pregnant with a toddler

I only have one bra that fits me properly right now so I'm hoping next pay to get some more. I should have bought like 3 of these when I found them but I can't remember if there was more than one since I got it on clearance.

12. AmberS

AmberS Well-Known Member

im 19 weeks and went from a large C to an E. It's crazy. I had to get a bra that covers everything. Feels nice but i dont like the wire!

13. shelleney

shelleney Mummy to Freya (+ Baby C)

Pre-pregnancy, I was a 34B and only wore underwired bras.
    At 8 weeks pregnant, I went to M&S, and bought 4 non-wired T-shirt bras in 36B.
    Almost 12 weeks later, they still fit perfectly, and are sooo comfy.
    I bought black, white, pink, and spotty (£10 each).
    :flower:

14. pcake

pcake Mummy to our pork chop!

Aaarghh, its a nightmare!!! I got measured about 6 weeks ago,and had gone from a 34b to a 36 e (!!). Now the bras i bought then are so small, i end up with what my boyfriend calls "quadruple boob!!"- so each boob looks like its cut in half, so i end up with 4 boobs!!!! Its so not a good look!! But like u said its really hard finding ok bras- all the ones iv tried make me look like iv got conical boobs!!!

Asdas regular underwear is good (not sure if they do maternity), their "the one" bras are amazing!!- better than wonderbras in my opinion, and h&ms maternity bras have quite a big selection (or in my local one they do).

I bought a lovely maxi dress today, and need a strapless bra to go with it. Im sure that will be lots of fun trying to find!!!

15. Perfect_pink

Perfect_pink Well-Known Member

i was a 34G before pregnant so i was deading them getting bigger but things seem to be ok at the moment, altho iv been to asda and bought a post surgrey bra, its non wired and such a nanny bra but its very comfy and was only £6 x