Braving Nappy Free nights..

CaptainMummy

Reaction score
Its been less than a month since Paige came out of nappies, and almost straight away she was waking in the morning completely dry or just a little wee. The last week she has been dry every morning and asking to pee right before bed (and managing to do so)...

We only have a handful of nappies left (6 or so) and im wondering if I should bother buying another pack once theyre done. Im just terrified of her going to bed with no nappy!

Can I put a nighttime nappy on her until shes 10? Shes too little in my eyes! (Saying that, she probably would demand a nappy as she wont go to bed with no socks on so it miht be a battle with just jammies!)

Omg. Good for Paige! Go for it (if she'll let you!:haha:) If you find she's peeing in the night then you can always go buy more, but might as well try without first! Good luck!

I would just ask her hun- if she's ready, you'll know. I would give it a go- worst case, you have some extra laundry in the morning ;) Maybe give it a try before you run out of nappies- in case she insists on wearing one. Or, if you do need more, maybe try pull ups so she feels more like a "big kid" at night. That is fantastic she's done so well!

Ahh that's exciting!! Go Paige!!

If she has been waking up dry - it's the best time to try no nappy!!

I wouldn't bother buying more at all; and if you did, I would just have to go against what PP said; do NOT buy pull-ups...They are POINTLESS. Ha! It teaches them that they are "kindof" a big kid, yet still allowed to potty in their pants. Also: they do NOT hold as much urine as a diaper, so if she sleeps with a pullup on it will likely leak through and you might as well had her naked to begin with!

Let us know how it goes!!

I kept Earl in a pull-up overnight for ages (he was dry daytime from 2y8m - didn't lose the nappy until he was nearly 3) as it was a part of his night time routine and there was still the odd occasion where they were needed and I didn't want him to lose confidence.

What I did was I bought a pack of pull ups and if he was still dry in the morning (I would encourage him to go to the loo immediately on waking) then the pullup would come off and he would wear the same one the next night - this made it cheaper and stopped him seeing them as 'disposable' if that makes sense. I would then just change the pullup the same as changing his pyjamas so every 2 nights. A couple of times he asked for big boy pants and we'd go with him, but if he asked to go back in the pullup, then I'd let him. We ran out of pull ups just before his 3rd birthday and I just said 'no bedtime pants tonight, you ok with proper pants?' and we've not looked back :thumbup: Maybe one accident a month and they're usually my fault for giving him too much liquid! lol

Well done Paige for taking to it so well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"