Braxton Hicks? A bit concerned

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Third Trimester' started by Angel2Fire, Apr 7, 2009.

1. Angel2Fire

Angel2Fire Well-Known Member

I woke up in the night with really bad pains, which I think was braxton hicks. My stomach was rock solid and it felt like everything between my thighs and ribs was being compressed by a crusher.
    I also felt like I needed a poo (sorry tmi) but I went to the toilet twice and I didn't. The pain lasted about a minute but seemed to take a little time to wear off. I had 3 in a row with about a 40-50 min break inbetween.

I was panicking cus I thought they were real contractions, but then they stopped. I've had 2 more since.

Does this sound similar to anyone else's experience and should I be concerned?

2. princessttc

princessttc Well-Known Member

I had this all last night, they even went to just being 10 mins apart.... totally gone now though.... yep the joys of braxton hicks... I get a dull period pain when i get them aswell... its awfull sometimes:cry:

3. Janisdkh

Janisdkh Well-Known Member

Hmm because you said thighs and poo pressure I would say false labor which comes before real labor. You can get many many more before real labor starts. Keep with resting, water and laying on your side. I would def call in though considering you are just about 34 weeks. I hope its not a signal of real labor for you yet. You can send those pains my way. i would love to give birth tonight lol

4. mummy to be

mummy to be Cautiously Pregnant

Oh my i had the exact same thing last night... felt like i needed to poo but nothing came out!!!!!! I was wondering what it was doing.........
    So false labour hey??? How long before acutal labour does that happen????

5. Janisdkh

I have no clue. Was looking up braxton hicks and the only thing I can guess on is false labor if its not false labor. I read it can start before real labor which real labor is only when you have consistant contractions? It's allllll confusing to me so i don't know... Best to call in though. Plus who knows if some sites are right? I can never tell. I just pray I get some more pains lol heh

6. mummy to be

Hehehhehhehe lol funny how weird is it that we are praying and wanting to be in pain........ kinda sick right ????? lol
    I am getting the tightening feelings every hour or so at the moment (give or take ten minutes) so yeah... not sure what this is ment to mean.... :( Do you think it might be the right thing???

7. Janisdkh

No clue I get tuns of tightening and pressure in woohoo lots today as i am having one but hey i bet with my luck its just nothing :'( I hope its it for you! Everyone has a different story all the time as to how they started etc.. Never the same story so it is confusing. I just think people can just go whenever now.... unpredictable LOL yep it is so interesting how we are all dieing for pain! Once it happens though i want my epi

8. mummy to be

Yes i am thinking the same thing...... Kinda annoying cause i want her to come now and i want it all to start happening NOW but when i get these feelings i dont want to get to excited in cause it is not what i want it to be :(

9. Janisdkh

Awww *hugs* girl. I cannot believe though you arent being induced. She is on the bigger side right? Are you getting a c section or? Also I can't remember if you had been tested for gd. I think you did and it was neg right?

10. mummy to be

yep.... sure was.. But my blood pressure is a little high at the moment but still normal.. just a little bit high... yes she is on the bigger side of things, which worries me but doctors said all ok.. Nope no C section :( Gonna try naturally first and see how we go!!! :(

11. Ravelyn

Ravelyn Well-Known Member