Braxton hicks causing chest tightening?

KAH1990

Reaction score
Anyone else get this? When I have a Braxton hicks I feel like my chest is tightening and I really have to take deep breaths to get air into me. Not like the Braxton hicks hurts it's taking my breath away, more like I'm being squeezed in a massive bear hug and struggling for air (that's the best I can describe it) definitely didn't have them like this with my first.

might be worth asking your midwife about it as I've not heard of Braxton hicks causing chest tightenings, they can leave you feeling breathless but don't think they should make your chest feel tight as well.

Mine leave me feeling breathless, its generally how I know I'm having one as I can't feel them otherwise. I would ask about the chest tightening feeling though - to be on the safe side, as that sounds concerning!

I think I know what you mean, I get this a bit too just like the muscles tightening almost pull your chest down a bit making it harder to take a deep breath

This is similar to what I experience - I describe it as the feeling I get at the onset of a panic attack except without the panic lol (I have severe panic disorder/PTSD). Chest feels tight, face feels weird. Also the only way I know they're happening!

Yeah I also get this too. It's like my chest being in a vice for the duration of the braxton hicks. Not painful, just a bit harder to take a breath.

I also get this have done from about 25 weeks feels like someone is squeezing me so tight I have to breathe threw them xxx

I know exactly what your talking about. I get it too! Like the others, that's generally how I know I'm having them...that and my tummy tightening

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->