braxton hicks every 15 minutes??

jamiemcbride1

Reaction score
Call or not call

So today I woke up a little sore in the pelvis region did the school run felt like crap came back had a hot bath around 12ish spent an hour or 2 on my ball and then climbed into bed to rest I was shattered I started to have braxton hicks I was dozing on and off but they were so tight it kept wakening me but was just to tired to go get my phone to time them but I new they were regular finally woke around half 4 /5 to get some dinner and started timing them every 15 minutes bang on 10 past .. 25 past .. 20 past .. and 5 to ectect some aren't too bad some o have to breathe threw I'm gonna guess they've been 15 minutes apart from around 3ish and it's now nearly 9 ? I'm not dehydrated I'm drinking plenty I've peed about 10 times since I've been awake my lower back aches and I was having some pinching stabbing pain below in between but otherwise baby is moving and feels low xx
What do you girls think
My mat notes say if I do get any more regular BH to go to checked just don't wanna waste their time xx

Ordinarily, I wouldn't be overly concerned, but if they've been lasting THAT long and it's already on your record that you should contact them if you keep having BHs or other contractions... lady, get on the phone and call! You're not being a bother -- it's their job. :)

Just had a few 10 mins apart but not sore or anything spent a half hour on ball again just to see if it would ease them x

If they're getting closer together, just call!

I would get off the ball & call them. The ball will just encourage contractions. Hope all is ok

Tryn hold out ! Only thing getting sorer is my back lol but still 15 mins had one there I felt build up in back over a minute then my belly hardened for a minute but not really any pain in front but my 1st was all back pain 2nd was induction Deff going to phone if I have another 2 as that will be 7 hrs will keep yous posted just wish I new if she wanted to meet her mummy or not ! Xx

I was having the same earlier. Mine were every ten mins or so. Everywhere I read BH aren't meant to be painful, but what I was having was painful where it would take my breath away. I rang Labour yard, but because they started to fizzle out, they said to pop a pad on and check for fluid leaking. I am now only gettin the odd twinge.

I'm just off the phone to maternity and midwife said doesn't sound somewhat serious if there only 15 mins apart and asked had I took paracetamol .. She told me she was going to check with another midwife and came back and said monitor them for another hour and if no better to phone back and just to make sure im drinking enough xx

It's more or less what they told me too. Unless they are getting closer together and more painful or fluid leaking to just try and wait it out. Unless established, by going into hospital it might make you stop contracting whereas at home where your more comfortable, you'll progress. Good luck tonight, hoping for some good news. Sending Labour dust xxx

I'm popping in from first trimester... I'm on my 3rd baby and with my second I had an irritable uterus and had tons of contractions/ bh u name it from 32 weeks until my waters broke at 38. Take Tylenol, have a hot bath and see if they stop. If after that they continue then go in but usually after a hot bath they will stop xx

I find mine started after my hot bath this afternoon lol I'm still trying to time them tho I'm Getting super fed up and tired now tho ill prob have them all night my back just aches !! School run in the morning I haven't even been able to move to sort uniforms out yet damn xx

They eventually fizzled out around 1 am I was shattered just tried to sleep I've a hospital app tomorrow tho so will mention it to them unless I have anything today or tonight lol xxx

It can just happen like this. I've had two spells where my bh contractions that have got to 5 minutes apart in this pregnancy and then slowed down again. If they don't want you to go into labour naturally for medical reasons then you should be on to them but if you can go into labour naturally then your close enough to term that it's probably just a case of making sure you're hydrated, popping some paracetamol and trying to relax as much as possible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->