• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Braxton Hicks... EXTREMELY PAINFUL

Ravelyn

Reaction score
Hey ladies...

I am pretty sure they are braxton hicks cause I have not had a bloody show, no loss of mucus plug, water still intact and LO hasn't dropped yet.

But I have been getting them every other night... and man oh man do they freaking hurt. Worst part, I can handle the contractions, no problem, but it's the severe back spasms that come with them. They vibrate up from my lower back to the center of my back on both sides of my spine and pulsate with my heartbeat. They even extend into my bump. And they come as frequently as 7-15 minutes and last for several hours. Even have woken me up at night.

Laying down on my left side after guzzling a couple bottles of cold water seem to help them subside.

Anybody else get this?!?!
I don't know if I can handle 4 more weeks of these.

i would probably seek medical advice hun.... BH didnt hurt me this way and the back spasms you mention of.. reminds me of when I was in labour... ouchie! But that is due to the way your baby is laying... you dont need to have lost your plug etc for contractions to begin... are they not consistant?? I would try timing them etc?
do u have your mw appointment coming up... I would def mention it!!

Good luck :hugs:

Is your baby back to back? That could explain the extra pain.

drink loads of water, dehydration can make them more painful. if the pain is bad take some paracetamol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"