Braxton Hicks in Back?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Third Trimester' started by curlylocks, Apr 23, 2009.

1. curlylocks

curlylocks Well-Known Member

Evening all!!

All night, on and off, my tummy has been going really hard. It doesn't hurt at all, if anything it feels nice?! :blush:
    At the same time my back is REALLY hurting. Not just at the bottom but all over. Is this Braxton Hicks? And is it possible that the pain in the back is being caused by them instead of in my tummy/

Thanks

xxx

2. tasha41

tasha41 Mum & Dad + 1

It could be Braxton Hicks the tightening -- it doesn't have to hurt & the nurses, doctors, midwives will probably tell you they are painless (even though that's definitely not always the case lol)

Not sure on the back pain though! Do you think it's related to the tightening or is it sore on its own?

3. Janisdkh

Janisdkh Well-Known Member

I would def be seen hun. Or call in. How are ya now?

4. esther

esther Mum to Layla born June 09

I occassionally get lower back pain like period pain but more crampy with my BH.

5. Ravelyn

Ravelyn Well-Known Member

I get BH quite frequently now. And yes, I get the back spasms to boot.
    Was told it is quite possible to happen for some women because the muscles are all connected.

I am usually a small framed, so I wonder if that has anything to do with it. Are you of small frame as well? I also only put weight on in my bump. Not really anywhere else. What about you?

6. curlylocks

curlylocks Well-Known Member

My back still hurts this morning, but no tightening? Maybe its a seperate thing?
    I am small framed Ravelyn and have only really put weight on my bump.

Thanks for you help guys - I have my 34 week appointment today (anti D jabs! :() so will ask my MW then.

xxx