• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Braxton Hicks - is this what they feel like?

Dubibump

2nd Trimester
Reaction score
I'm not sure if what I'm feeling is BH or just weirdness due to tummy muscles not being where they Used to be.
So I have this sensation, mostly at night or in the morning, around my abdominal muscles that feels like I need to stretch. You know when you wake up first thing and you do a big stretch of your muscles and they kind of quiver involuntary, well it feels like that but in my tummy. Does anyone know what I'm talking about? Or do I sound mental?

For me it feels like when baby (usually his bum!) is sticking out but it happens all over my bump and it goes really hard. I think I know what you mean by the needing to stretch feeling! It took me a while to realise it was BH as it's all new to me! They've started getting stronger and more uncomfortable the further along I am.

For me it feels like when baby (usually his bum!) is sticking out but it happens all over my bump and it goes really hard. I think I know what you mean by the needing to stretch feeling! It took me a while to realise it was BH as it's all new to me! They've started getting stronger and more uncomfortable the further along I am.

Thanks for that.
Isn't it funny all the things that happen to us during pregnancy! Bizarre! good luck xxx

my tummy goes hard and i get a slight pulling pain across my lower pelvis like period pain . xx

I don't think I'm having them.. I reckon its my muscles doing something weird

I get a quivering sensation but I'm certain its baby jiggling a leg or arm. Its like baby has cramp or pins and needles and wants to stretch it out. It must be frustrating for the little guy/girl being squished up in ball all day.
I think I've only had braxton hicks once- it didn't hurt, was just a very tight feeling all over the bump like when baby is pushing out but its all over rather than one place.

It feels really tight to me like someone's sitting on my tummy!
I've started getting back and period pains with them too now :(

Mine are a definite tightening, my whole bump goes rock solid. Usually makes me feel like I can't breathe easily. I also get back pain and some period pains with them.

Mine are a definite tightening, my whole bump goes rock solid. Usually makes me feel like I can't breathe easily. I also get back pain and some period pains with them.

exactly the same for me.

I get them eery night and they wake me up, no wonder I am so tired all the time. :dohh:

I do sometimes get them when I am sitting in front of the TV for a long time late at night too. But it feel like all my skin is creeping towards the center of my bump, it squeezes and almost hurts but not really and it's just more of an uncomfortable feeling. My whole belly gets really hard and tight and it feels like a big charlie horse but without the pain. But it is really uncomfortable, it feels like at any second it will hurt and hurt bad. It wakes me up in a start and then I have to wait it out before i can try to go back to sleep. Earlier on they would only last a few seconds but now they last longer and longer and it seems like sometimes 10 minutes must go by before they relax enough for me to stop waiting to see what will happen next or if I will just pop like a big pimple. o_O

Sometimes I do get period-crampy for awhile with them, it comes and goes and then stops.

I'm not sure if what I'm feeling is BH or just weirdness due to tummy muscles not being where they Used to be.
So I have this sensation, mostly at night or in the morning, around my abdominal muscles that feels like I need to stretch. You know when you wake up first thing and you do a big stretch of your muscles and they kind of quiver involuntary, well it feels like that but in my tummy. Does anyone know what I'm talking about? Or do I sound mental?

That's exactly how I feel mine- I don't know if stretching causes it, or they cause me to want to stretch... I'm usually half asleep so haven't figured it out- but those are BH according to my Dr

To me it always feels like baby is trying to get out through my tummy, bum first! It takes my breath away. My tummy goes so tight, I swear I can see baby's entire body!

That's exactly how I feel mine- I don't know if stretching causes it, or they cause me to want to stretch... I'm usually half asleep so haven't figured it out- but those are BH according to my Dr

Oh wow thanks! I have my answer!

I haven't felt like that...mine have felt ( and I confirmed with best friend who had a baby and BH all the time ) like a I had a sudden urge to poo for a second...and also where it felt like a huge pain/pressure/weird, iono thing XD

My whole stomach tightens into what feels like a huge ball when I have a Braxton Hick. :lol:

I haven't felt like that...mine have felt ( and I confirmed with best friend who had a baby and BH all the time ) like a I had a sudden urge to poo for a second...and also where it felt like a huge pain/pressure/weird, iono thing XD

:haha:

I get that urge to excrete too, but for me it makes me feel like I am going to pee the bed. One of these days I probably will :dohh:

Country- I also feel like that for a split second- like I need to push lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"