Braxton hicks or contractions?

Kiwiberry

Mommy to 3 beautiful girls & 2 adorable boys!
Reaction score
I'm having light cramping on and off, maybe a few minutes apart. It's nothing like the cramps I had with my girls pain wise but it reaches around to my back and into my legs a little. Should I be concerned? Its getting tighter and tighter. I'm almost 31w and both of my girls are preemies. My first at 27w, no idea why I went early and my 2nd at 34w due to PPROM. No fluid is leaking atm and I'm on the Makenna shot.

Normally I'd say don't worry, but since you have had two premies it would be good to just call the OBs line and get advice just in case. It sounds like what I experienced for BH around then with both pregnancies after a long day on my feet around 32/33 weeks. But with past history better safe than sorry (or better safe than taking internet advice)

They seemed to have stopped, I think I'm okay for now. Thank you for the advice. I've never had Braxton Hicks and I'm not quite sure what they feel like. I'm just going to assume since they weren't that painful (also since they stopped) that it was Braxton Hicks.

I'm glad they've stopped.

My 3rd labour was like what you described.My bestie kept saying if I could talk through them - which I could - then they weren't proper contractions. They were proper contractions...

I'd get checked just to be safe.

P.S. Best labour ever, that one.

Thank you ladies! I'll definitely keep an eye on it. It's stopped now though thank goodness. I'm hoping to actually go full term this time or at least close to it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->