braxton hicks or early labour how do i tell?

blodyn82

Pregnant mother of one
Reaction score
i'm 30 weeks and have been having tightenings for the past week thst have been irregular and a little painful.
last night they started becoming regular at about 20 mins apart now at 7 mins and belly ot softening between them.
is this early labour and i need to go to hospital or are they just braxton hicks?
please help x

I am not sure...my doctor toldme if my braxton hicks became regular and "about 5 min apart" to go to the hospital immediatly

I would go in if i were you, just to be on the safe side. If they tell you that u are fine than it will just be a wasted evening but better to get it checked. Hugs

thanks. forgot to mention that i am 250 miles away from home on a weekend away.

I would still see if there is a hospital close by...preferably one with a NICU (just in case, not to be scary but if this is labor your LO is still a bit early).

Maybe do a google search?

Best way to know if you need to worry is if they *consistently* get closer or more painful/intense.
I have, since before 30 weeks even, had episodes where they are close together and consistently spaced... this will last a few hours... and then it will finally subside. If this has been happening since last night and has NOT let up during any point...then it's something to pay attention to. If last night's episode and the episode you're having now are two separate incidents, then I'd do the standard: drink 2 big glasses of water, settle down and lie on your left side, and keep an eye on them. Give them an hour or two before you call.

I called l and d with tightenings 7 minutes apart. They said to try getting in the bath, have some water and a lie down. If they get down to 5 mins then go in but they should tail off x

Is there a hospital nearby? I ask cos at 28 weeks, I went from a "bit" sore to 2 mins apart VERY quickly (4cm dilated by time i reached hospital like!). Otherwise, take some paracetamol and go rest to see if it settles...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->