Braxton hicks???

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Second Trimester' started by whitelilly, Apr 12, 2009.

1. whitelilly

whitelilly Mummy :)

I was just sitting relaxing there and all of a sudden my tummy went really tight for a few seconds then relaxed. No pain at all.

Is this the start of BH contractions?

Or do you think it's too early and it's maybe just been baby cos I know he sometimes rolls into a ball and makes my tummy hard. This just felt different though. x

2. TTC LADY

TTC LADY Well-Known Member

I posted exactly the same thread this morning, I thought it could be baby, but few people suggested it could be BH.

It was weird sensation but no pain or anything. I think it's normal if there not too frequent or accompanied by severe pain / discharge etc

3. ShadowRat

ShadowRat Well-Known Member

Well it's certainly not too early for it to be BH: I hear that it often starts part way through second tri. And I know that when I get BH, I get no pain at all, just like you said a tightening of the abdomen so that I can feel really clearly where the top of the uterus is coming to, and my tummy is hard all over. It passes after a couple of minutes.

4. SJK

SJK Well-Known Member

prob is Bh, hope your not too sore :hugs: xx

5. Tsia

Tsia My MyloMan - he turned 1!

I have been getting BH since week 19! so not too early for them.

They sometimes come on ly twice - 7 times a day now.. but the other day I had one every half hour!! That was cos I was cleaning out my shed.. it was an active day.

Sometimes I even get them if I get up from the sofa!

6. cs22

cs22 Mum and ttc# 2

Hi, sounds like braxton hicks to me xxx