Braxton hicks

P

Pudding-x123

I thought they weren't meant to hurt ! Mine do! *cries* when my stomach starts to tighten I get an intense pain like I need the loo badly! I even curl my toes and tighten the rest of my body it hurts that much. Eurgh! The things we go through to have a baby LOL xxx​

When I get braxton hicks, they hurt as well. They say as long as you dont get more than 4 an hour its ok. Ive been told by nurses and my dr that sometimes they hurt....although if you are concerned you should call your dr.

Oh I have painful BH my me said they only get worse the joys LOL my poor OH goes all pale and thinks i'm about to go into labour, I no what u meen it's like a rollercoaster ride lol. It's all worth it tho when u think about it as u start thinking about finaly meeting ur LO that's what stops me from going insane lol. Xx

I have only just started getting BH and they have been painful on occasions, DH gets worried when they are bad ones, bless him, take care :hugs: XX

sounds like me.. except my lower back hurts too.. it intensifies when i walk.. when looking it up.. it says those are signs of true labor.. idk.. if u can find my thread and read it.. i am confused myself.. hey quick question.. how do u get all those graphics to show up? i am new.

BH contractions - only 4 an hour?!?!? I BLOODLY WELL WISH!!!

I have had them for 4 hours straight and intense back spasms with them to the point that it catches my breath. They started to appear at 27 weeks, even went to the hospital thinking I was in preterm labour, as based on the books - but nope... Braxton Hicks they told me. And they have not gotten any better. Just more intense.

I was advised by the L&D at the hospital... and it has so far worked... that when they hit, to drink a bottle of cold water (2 glasses) and lay down on my left side. They usually subside. If they don't subside to go to the hospital to be assessed.

If you are not bleeding, water is still intact, you haven't lost your mucus plug, baby is not engaged, not vommitting, etc... you are probably having BH or false labour. But as stated above, if they don't go away after drinking water, definitely go get assessed, just to be on the safe side.

Good luck ladies :>

unfortunately we are the unlucky ones that are having painful BH, mine started at 21w and it really worried me!! i was up in the night because i couldnt sleep...as time goes on they seem to have got easy, i don't know if its because my uterus is toned up more now after 12w of BH...if they are that bad then take paracetemol and have a warm bath. xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->