Braxton Hicks

LucyEmma

Reaction score
What do these feel like? i supose it may be diffrent for everyone but im a bity confused, i've had tightening the last couple of days and some have been quite painfull and lasted about a minuite, mostly when sitting down and i go to get up i get them....is it possible braxton hicks im a bit unsure! any help would be grat thanks xx

I would keep an eye on them, you say they last about a minute and are painful? that isnt how long mine lasted mine were 30 secs max and were not painful (although some people get them as mildly painful) If you get them regularly ring your MW just to be safe.

there not like really bad pain its more like an achey pain, i will keep an eye on them though, its only been the last few days so if i get them again and they are more painful i will ring mw. x

yes they are what I get.. the tightening is a strange feeling.

Its the same feeling as if you orgasm. *ahem! lol

what are Braxton Hicks

a tightening of the uterus.. they come from time to time. most days 4-8 time a day.. last 30secs to a minute.. then fade off. and tummy goes softer again. You can trigger them with being active.. even getting off the sofa I sometimes get them.
I cleaned out my shed one day a few weeks ago and kept getting them.. I had about 30+ of them that day!! I put it down to a lot of moving.
I was getting them from 20weeks.

They are supposed to be 'practice contractions ' that your body does to prepare for your birth.

what are Braxton Hicks

a tightening of the uterus.. they come from time to time. most days 4-8 time a day.. last 30secs to a minute.. then fade off. and tummy goes softer again. You can trigger them with being active.. even getting off the sofa I sometimes get them.
I cleaned out my shed one day a few weeks ago and kept getting them.. I had about 30+ of them that day!! I put it down to a lot of moving.
I was getting them from 20weeks.

They are supposed to be 'practice contractions ' that your body does to prepare for your birth.

oh wow

I had quite a few in short space of time for 3 days running...but midwife wasnt too concerned.I think its because they were uncomfortable but wern't causing me great pain.

My bump went extremly hard (different to when baby is pushing against me) and felt tight - which feels uncomfortable but bareable. Then it releases.

I had an extremly active day last tuesday and went to bed feelign so tired it was then on the wednesday morning i ended up getting them - friday. Rested the weekend and haven't had any i dont think - maybe the odd one or two. xx

Mine vary from being painless, achy, painful and downright bloody sore! And they can list a good few minuets.

But, they are different from 'proper' contractions, trust me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->