Braxton Hicks?

MyFavSurprise

Reaction score
I didn't have any that I noticed with my first son but this time I constantly have this tightening, typically low in my uterus, sometimes painful but not horribly so..is that Braxton hicks contractions? I always get them after an orgasm but they go away..is it something to worry about?

I read it's normal to start feeling Braxton hicks sooner with subsequent pregnancies. Actually it happens really early.. Even in the first trimester but we just can't feel them yet. If you get them consistently or a lot I would maybe call just to be sure but it's almost always nothing to worry about unless super painful. Drinking lots of water should help ease them :)

I've been getting braxton hicks much earlier this time. They feel exactly like you said. They aren't painful but are so unfortunately. I've also been getting that feeling after orgasm. It worried me at first because I don't remember it with dd but apparently that's normal too.

Aslong as you don't get more than 5 in an hour or they're not regular intervals then it sounds pretty normal. I can't walk round a shop for 5 mins without getting pretty strong ones 😑 x

I have been feeling them from about 18 weeks this time whereas I didn't have a single one the first time!

been getting them since 16 17 weeks, its pretty much just your uterus practising for the real thing. my midwife told me 4 or more in an hour then contact your midwife or maternity ward. At this stage they do nothing to the cervix.

I had them all the time with my first pregnancy. As long as they arebt really painful and close together you should be ok.

Oh good! Sounds like they're very normal then.. I wonder if that's why my first labor was so bad, my uterus didn't do any practicing..haha. High hopes for this time!

Yes you get more with each pregnancy, this is my 3rd and depending on what I'm doing I will definitely have more than 5 an hour, sometimes 10 or more but they aren't consistent and they're not painful so I never worry about them, I *usually* just try to take it easy if I notice I'm getting quite a few and make sure I'm hydrated ;)

I've had a few really painful ones now, one last night stopped me in my tracks and I had to sit, it lasted for a long time too.. I didn't have any more like that last night but I have them here and there, is that still normal?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->