Braxton hicks?

Shananigans

Reaction score
I'm about 12 weeks and I swear i had these contractions last night. I did read some old posts about being able to feel these earlier if it's not your first. Apparently they start around 6-7 weeks but aren't noticeable.

Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this?

I never have either until I looked into it on google but wanted some more recent experiences from others.

Earliest ive ever started having them Is 20ish weeks. Maybe ask your midwife/doctor about it, they might be able to tell you if its normal or not :)

I've always had them from 16 weeks until the end x

I absolutely had them in first tri with my second son only and during his pregnancy I had terrible urine infections and constipation, when they start drink plenty as chances are at that stage that is what is setting you off xx

Thanks for the tip Elmo! I've already had one UTI and I have been slacking on the water lately :/

I remember being really shocked that I was having them so early but they where unmistakable think I was about 10 weeks? Had an irritable uterus that pregnancy so they continued from that day on! Get on the H2o my friend :)

I have a irritable uterus and get the odd one at the minute and they will get worse the further on I get if like past pregnancy

Hi there,

Just nosing through first tri hoping to join in a few weeks when I spotted your thread. I notice the pp mentioned having an irritable uterus; I have one too. What that meant for me was that in my first pregnancy I started having contractions every three minutes from 26 weeks till the end of pregnancy. Then in my second pregnancy they started at 13 weeks. As you've said in your post, they do start at around 7 weeks, but most people don't feel them. My midwife last time didn't believe me when I said I was experiencing them, but as I had experienced literally thousands of them when I was pregnant with my son, I knew I was right. Braxton hicks contractions are harmless, but if you do notice you get them frequently, I'd just mention the possibility of having an irritable uterus to your midwife/doctor. It's not too widely known here in the UK, so no one ever officially diagnosed me here and they would frequently send me to the antenatal day unit whenever I had a midwife appointment and mentioned I was still having hundreds of contractions *facepalm*! An irritable uterus isn't dangerous either, but there is a small increased chance of premature labour. My daughter was nearly a month early (though my son was late).

I hope you don't have an irritable uterus :hugs: and that you don't experience contractions too regularly. They can be very off putting!!

Had them early with DD1. I think it was around 16 ish weeks and had them throughout

I have increased the water intake since and so far haven't had them again. My body just feels way more sensitive this time, especially with the round ligament pain hat I never had with my first. I have an ultrasound this week and an Appt with my doctor next week so I'll see be bringing it up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->