braxton hicks

donnad

Reaction score
just a question what is the earliest any of you had braxton hicks contractions?
i swear i was having them last night.Hope i wasn't cause its far too early(17 weeks)maybe it was just stress.

I think I had 3 a few nights ago. Very painful and sorta took my breath away :( I've heard women get them from week 6 onward but most don't feel them!

I read it was from 12 weeks you could get them from. I dont know if i had had them as i am sometimes achy from moving about but read about them and am now scared incase i go into early labour!

Ive had them too but my midwife said they shouldnt hurt!

I read after 20 weeks...and that they should not be painful, and irregular.

I thought I was having BH when I was at your stage - I asked my mw about it, and she said it was too early, and was most likely an Irritable Uterus.....which is nothing to worry about, but can cause similar feelings to BH.

xx

I had a few contractions during 19th week. Then nothing till around 27th. Now I get them once or twice a day

Ive had them too but my midwife said they shouldnt hurt!

Uncomfortable is how I would describe them but not painful.

If you think BH are really painful then boy....you may be in for a shock when it comes to the real thing:rofl:. And keep an open mind if you wanted to avoid an epidural:blush:....it can be such an incredible relief:happydance:

Ive had a couple over the past week, toward night time, a bit of a shock because i never got any with my others, not even toward the end.

Hmmmm, what exactly do they feel like?? A couple of times i feel like the top of my tummy has suddenly gone tight (like the muscles have suddenly tightened or spasmed) but it only happens once and then stops. It only happens above my belly button. Then i lie there thinking 'did that just happen?? or am i imaging it?'. Not painful, just weird. And has only happened at night and when i'm lying on my side.

Otherwise have no idea what to look for - it's all new to me!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->