Braxton Hicks

mumtobe01

one perfect little boy!
Reaction score
I had my first official braxton hicks day before yesterday!
It was horrible, I was woken by the pain! I thought labor was starting but after a bit of breathing and holding the tummy it subsided!
Is this a bit early to be feeling them?

Hi

No its not too early - I think mine kicked in at about 25 weeks - although I can't quite remember now! (pregnancy brain - I should write these things down so I can remember for next time!)

Mine aren't painful as such - just wierd and uncomfy - but I have found they are better if I keep well hydrated - although you then get the side effect of spending even more time nipping to the loo!

I hope this helps reassure you!

Kx

Nope, they most commonly start up 28-30 weeks I read. Some women have them much earlier. Mine came on very suddenly, I started getting them off an on all day one day, and it helps if you drink lots of fluids and empty your bladder a lot. Baby's moving can start them up too, so can exercise, sex, etc. etc.

Yes, I just started feeling them yesterday. It was due to dehydration. And I can tell I`m very dehydrated due to having full blown cramps in my legs while I was sleeping. Most definitely need to carry a water bottle with me at all times and I don't care what my job says about me going to the bathroom numerous times. I have a life I`m supporting and it`s more important than some stupid retail job who yells about credit cards and emails , smh . I know that they don`t want a lawsuit because the Kohl's company already had one in the past about firing someone after she told them she was pregnant.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->